Algonquin College Program Details
CLICK HERE for more details on Introduction to Canadian Health Studies programs for January 2015 Intake.
Algonquin college has introduced 2 year PG program for the students which will be with some combinations (1+1) in one year PG programs, where students can opt for one program in the 1st year and the second program in 2nd year.
They get the benefits of two year programs only (up to 3 years of work permit). Apart from that, they’ll have two specialisations instead of one, which makes them even more employable.
- Business Intelligence System Infrastructure + Project Management / Marketing and Business Intelligence Research
- Geographic Information Systems + Project Management
- Green Architecture + Project Management / Kitchen and Bath Design
- Environmental Management and Assessment + Project Management
- Financial Services + International Business Management / Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management + Organizational Quality Management
- International Business Management + Financial Services / Marketing Management / Project Management
- Marketing and Business Intelligence Research + Marketing Management / Mobile and Social Media Management
- Marketing Management + Marketing and Business Intelligence Research / Financial Services / International Business Management
- Organizational Quality Management + Project Management / Human Resources Management
- Project Management + International Business Management
- Sport Business Management + Marketing Management / Marketing and Business Intelligence Research
- Mobile and Social Media Management + Marketing Management / Marketing and Business Intelligence Research
- Event Management + Marketing Management / Marketing and Business Intelligence Research
- Food and Nutrition Management + Culinary Skills-Chef Training
- Interactive Multimedia Management + Mobile and Social Media Management
- Kitchen and Bath Design + Green Architecture / Project Management
- Victimology + Human Resources Management
Algonquin College Program Information
Please Find the Important Information for the Below list Points:
- PG in Organizational Quality Management
- NEW PG program: Environmental Assessement
Graduate Studies in QUALITY Management at Algonquin College
Organizational Quality Management Student Profile
- Program: Organizational Quality Management
- Credential: Ontario Graduate Certificate
- Length: 1 year (2 semesters of study + 1 work term)
- Cost: CAD$13,458.35 (includes international premium and heath insurance)
The need for process quality improvement expertise is greatly needed in both the public and private sector organizations. Both are driven to be more responsive with services and products while experiencing significant budgetary constraints, while private sector organizations experience the additional pressures of competition, retaining market share and enhancing profitability.
Graduates are trained to make significant contributions to both sectors. The students who will mostly likely be very successful in this field will have the following characteristics:
Maturity – The student who has had practical experience after their university education, is in the position to see the challenges organizations face in delivering their product or service. This student will appreciate that increasing customer satisfaction is extremely important to business success and that how we setup and manage our business processes can help or hinder. A mature student will also appreciate that excellent leadership and interpersonal skills are vital in making long-lasting improvements. A mature student will most likely have the wisdom to see improvement opportunities and the determination to pursue them.
Education – As a minimum, a Bachelor’s university degree will help the student to succeed in this field. Since quality can be improved in all types of organizations, a degree in Business, Science, Health, Engineering or Arts field will be useful.
Analytical – The successful graduate will be one who can identify a problem and by applying a set of tools, techniques and concepts, can determine the root cause(s) and also explore improvement methodologies.
Communicator – Someone who is an excellent communicator will do very well in this field. Quality issues in organizations are rarely isolated to one defined area, but are more often the result of interaction(s) between business areas. A successful quality improvement specialist will be able to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary groups in identifying, analyzing issues and implementing solutions.
Job Market – The graduate of the Organizational Quality Management program will have the skills and experience to work in, but not restricted to, the following areas:
- Process Improvement Analyst
- Quality Auditing
- Quality Strategy development
- Quality Engineering
NEW Graduate program in Environmental Management and Assessment
- Program: Environmental Management and Assessment
- Credential: Ontario Graduate Certificate Length: 1 year (2 semesters of study + 1 work term)
- Delivery mode: 40% in class 60% online
- Cost: ~CAD$13,000.00 (includes international premium and heath insurance)
This one-year Ontario College Graduate Certificate program offers students the opportunity to enhance their existing skills to succeed in the exciting and expanding field of environmental management and assessment. The program also consists of practical and field experiences allowing students to acquire a range of interdisciplinary techniques used by those at the forefront of environmental management practice.
With escalating demand for environmental awareness, there is an increasing need for highly-skilled personnel capable of working in the fields of environmental auditing and assessment. This program builds proficiency and adds depth to the knowledge platform of students, allowing them to specialize in, or broaden, their expertise in a range of disciplines including biodiversity conservation, environmental law and policy, as well as environmental chemistry.
Graduates may find employment in fields such as environmental research, site assessment, pollution prevention and control, water and wastewater monitoring and regulatory compliance and policy development.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information.