Fleming College Application Form
Fleming College Application Form — Fleming College Application Form
Post Graduate Certificates:
- All Graduate Certificates require a minimum 15 years of academics in 1st or 2nd Division (Degree or Diploma) PLUS the admission requirements noted for each individual program.
- Students with a minimum of 15 years of academics in 1st or 2nd Division with a diploma in a field related to the Fast Track Program will typically be assessed for Fast Track entry to Year Two (Semester 3). Further advanced standing beyond the Fast Track option may be granted for students with more advanced credentials.
Diplomas and Certificates:
- Minimum admission requirements for post-secondary programs is Higher Secondary Certificate or Standard XII with minimum 50% average plus additional requirements noted below.
English proficiency: (Only IELTS)
- Over all 6.0 Band with no bands less than 5.5
- Not more than 10 backlogs are accepted.
Please Note that Fleming College Expect Student with Backlogs, Click HERE for more information
Fleming College Application Instructions:
Fleming College will accept incomplete Applications (Without IELTS Score) but will require Proof of a Booking Date for the IELTS Test along with the application.
Fleming College – Accommodation Details
Students are responsible for finding your own accommodation but remember that the students applying to Fleming College will have access to a number of resources.
The first step of any housing search is to get an idea of what types of housing are available; below are some links to online resources that will give students access to current housing lists.
The second step is to develop a housing search plan. This might include developing a list of potential housing locations, making appointments to look at housing with landlords (this can usually be arranged by email), setting a budget, making a list of what you’d like, etc.
When selecting your housing option please be sure to incorporate these costs in your budget. Some important questions that you should consider for budgeting purposes:
- What is included in the Rent? Some landlords will include the cost of heat, electricity and water, cable TV and Internet. You need to be sure that you are aware of what is included so that you can budget appropriately.
- Also, will you be required to complete the upkeep of the building/yard? Ie. Mow the lawn.What are the costs of utilities, cable or Internet?
- If utilities (heat, electricity, water) are not included in the rent you should find out how much the average cost was per month. You can contact Peterborough Utilities for a average cost http://www.peterboroughutilities.ca/home.htm
- Where is it located? Will it be easy to get to campus? How long will the bus ride be? Are there grocery stores nearby? Etc.
Below are some useful tools that will assist with the housing search. Remember to budget appropriately for your time at college. For estimates of costs of living for budgeting purposes please see your acceptance letter or visit:
Off-Campus Student Residence
Severn Court Student Residence Apartments
Severn Court is conveniently located in a quiet neighborhood, a short five-minute walk to Fleming College and community amenities. Close proximity to public transit and Highway 7 provides easy assess to shopping and entertainment possibilities in downtown Peterborough. For more information please visit: http://studentrez.com/severn-court
Severn Court Student Residence Apartments
555 Wilfred Drive
Peterborough, Ontario K9K 1W1
Ph: 705 740 0909
Fax: 705 740 0944
This includes options like sharing a house or apartment with other students or renting your own apartment. Make sure to check the location (Near the college? Near bus stop? Lease options?). For information about this option visit the following site. For all of your off-campus housing needs please visit: http://flemingcollege.ca/student-life/housing/off-campus-housing
On the Off-campus housing website you will find a link to Kijiji, a free listing service in Canada were people can buy/sell goods and landlords can list available rental units.
Off-campus Housing Roommate and Sublet Facebook Page
Many international students choose the option of Home Stay because of the services that it offers. With this option, you would have your own room but live in a house with a family. There may be opportunities to join the family on outings, grocery shopping and holiday celebrations.
Contact Dale at DEAR Enterprises about living with a family. Room and meals for about $650/month: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canadian Homestay Network
Before you arrive in Peterborough, you may like the opportunity to learn more about the city. To assist newcomers to the city, Welcome Peterborough has developed a website to provide information for newcomers to Peterborough. Here you will find additional information about housing services in Peterborough, the history of Peterborough and Canadian culture.: http://www.welcomepeterborough.ca/
Here you will find information about Peterborough Transit including routes, schedules, hours of operation and fares. www.peterborough.ca/transit
For information about Lindsay please visit the City of Kawartha Lakes webpage http://www.city.kawarthalakes.on.ca/
Here you will find information about Lindsay Transit including routes, schedules, hours of operations and fares. http://www.city.kawarthalakes.on.ca/residents/transportation/lindsay-transit
International Student Services and Off Campus Housing are happy to assist students in their housing search by providing them information and websites that list available Off Campus Options. Students should try to arrive before September 1st in order to secure their housing, a list of temporary accommodation options can be found on the Arrival Services Registration Form http://flemingcollege.ca/international-education/international-education-at-fleming#international-arrival-service
Fleming College Airport Pick-up and Orientation Details:
- Orientation – August 31st to September 2ndInternational Student Orientation is Compulsoryfor all new international students studying in Peterborough and Lindsay. Please plan your arrival so that student can join for three day introduction to studying at Fleming.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/international-student-orientation-september-2016-tickets-263345393162. Airport Pick Up – Registration Open
Fleming College is pleased to provide students with free transportation from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Peterborough or Lindsay through the Century Transportation Airport Transfer Service.To register for airport pick-up, student will need to complete an online registration form. Forms should be completed at least two weeks before they depart for Canada. It takes one – two weeks to process submitted forms. In some cases, shorter processing times are possible, but not always, so plan ahead.Airport Pick Up Registration Form: http://flemingcollege.ca/international-education/international-education-at-fleming#international-arrival-service 3. Free 5 Day Stay Rooms
Fleming College is pleased to offer Free 5 Day Stay Rooms at the Sutherland Residence, Peterborough.Important Information about the 5 Day Free Stay Rooms:
- Available Arrival Dates: August 26th, 27th, or 28th.
- Check-out by 10:00 am September 1st;
- The number of rooms available are limited;
- Rooms must be booked prior to arrival;
- 48 hour cancellation policy;
- There are both female and male rooms available;
- Students arriving after August 28thwill not be eligible for a 5 Day Free Stay Room. Students can contact one of the providers below to book temporary accommodation, if required.
Please Note: Any student who registers for Arrival Services and then withdraws from the college during their first term will have the cost of Arrival Services deducted from their refund amount at the following rates:
Airport Pick Up $108
5 Day Free Stay Room: $200
Administration Fee: $50
Students interested in booking one of the Free 5 Day Stay rooms can register by adding “Free Stay” as the drop-off location on the Arrival Services online form by Dec. 22nd at
4. Short Term Housing Options
Severn Court Student Residence, Peterborough
5 Day Stay for $200
Spaces and arrival dates limited – first come, first served.
Register at least 7 days before arrival.
Contact Severn Court by email to reserve a room –email@example.com
4, 8 and 12 month lease options also available.
The Village on Argyle, Peterborough
Rooms are rented on a weekly basis. For more information, visit www.thevillageonargyle.com and click on “Contact Us.”
Hotels – Peterborough (be sure to ask if they have a Fleming rate)
Hotels – Lindsay (be sure to ask if they have a Fleming rate)
Long Term Housing Options
Student are responsible for finding their own accommodation for the duration of their studies. They should begin your search for housing NOW! http://flemingcollege.ca/student-life/housing
ON CAMPUS HOUSING – Rooms Still Available for International Students
Applications are being accepted for on-campus residences in Peterborough and Lindsay. For more information about On Campus Housing please visit the residence website: http://flemingcollege.ca/student-life/housing. To apply to live on campus please email university residence office; be sure to include in email that you are an international student.
5. Canadian Study Permits
If student application for a study permit has been approved. Provide University with the information will assist them in supporting student arrival in Canada.