Georgian College Application Form
Application Fees: CAD 100 (WAIVED FOR ELIGIBLE STUDENTS)
Application fee waivers are as mentioned below:
- 100% application fee waiver for students who have a combined GPA of 75% and above.
- 100% application fee waiver for students who have an overall IELTS score of 7 and above.
- 50% application fee waivers for ALL qualifying students, meeting college delegates during spot assessments/ education fairs & applications submitted during the fair/spot assessment sessions or within 15 business days of the fair/spot assessment.
Georgian College Scholarship Details:
Georgian College is Offering a special scholarship of $1000 for ALL students who will begin the graduate certificate programs of International Business (BINT) or Human Resources (HRMN) in Jan 2017 at Georgian College. This scholarship is for ALL international students who are registered in semester one of BINT/HRMN beyond Jan 25th, 2017.
This $1000 scholarship will be applied to the second semester tuition fee of both these programs.
For certificate, diploma and degree programs Georgian College requires:
- Senior secondary / high school transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects and grades; MINIMUM AVERAGE MUST BE 55%
For graduate certificate programs Georgian College requires:
- College or university transcripts with proof of graduation, subjects and grades; MINIMUM AVERAGE MUST BE 55%
- Resume outlining work/volunteer/internship experiences and a letter of intent stating reasons for applying
FOR SPECIFIC Subject requirements or other requirements PLEASE CHECK THE PROGRAM PDFS LISTED below
- A minimum average of 55% in all subjects combined in 10th and 12th (and degree if student is applying for post graduate programs)
- A minimum of 55% marks in English in 10th and 12th
- A minimum of 55% in core subjects depending on the program you are applying for (a few programs require higher percentage, please follow additional requirements & special requirements column in the program list)
- An IELTS score of 6 overall for diplomas; 6.5 overall for degrees, graduate certificates and Pharmacy Technician & Bachelor of Science in Nursing 7.0 overall is required.
Business Programs that do NOT require Math:
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Event Management
- Human Resource Management (Industry Placement)
- International Business Management (Internship)
- Law Clerk
- Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Office Administration – Executive
- Office Administration – General
- Office Administration – Legal
- Office Administration – Medical
- Research Analyst (Internship)
Criteria for Health Science Programs:
For English Language proficiency, Georgian College requires IELTS:
- Diploma/Certificate programs – 6.0 overall and no band below 5.5
- Degree, Graduate – 6.5 overall and no band below 6.0
- Pharmacy Technician – 6.5 overall and no band below 5.5
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – 7.0 overall and no band below 6.0
Canadian High Commission accepts only IELTS test scores for VISA.
Georgian College will not process any application that does not have the applicant’s email id.
Accommodation And Free Airport Pick-Up From Georgian College
To book airport pickup:
In order to book airport pickup, students MUST already have a homestay/accommodation confirmation or have the address of drop off destination. Once students know where they will be living, they will then fill out the online form. This is the last step for students going to Georgian College, Canada.
To request for airport pickup, please see the following steps to book online:
- Step 1) Students can book airport pickup online by clicking on the following link http://www.georgianc.on.ca/
- Step 2) Please fill out all the information correctly, including the drop off address
- Step 3) Students will receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours to confirm their pickup is booked
- Step 4) Please read through the Airport Arrival section http://www.georgianc.on.ca/
Print off the Airport Arrival Steps and can review the procedure to know where to go when students arrive.
For all housing options, please visit the Housing section on College services page for resource links and details http://www.georgianc.on.ca/
Georgian College (GC) strongly advises that students finalize their accommodation BEFORE they arrive in Canada.
In addition to the options mentioned on the GC web link above, students can also visit the following websites for options on renting rooms / apartments:
Temporary Hotel Accommodation Options
See the following options for temporary accommodation if the students have not decided where they want to live. Students must book their room with the hotel prior to arrival.
Howard Johnson Hotel – Email Parmar7@msn.com – $60 per night
Comfort Inn – E-mail Holly.email@example.com – $60 per night
Students who need further assistance on either accommodation or airport pick-up, please contact Jenna Hubbert at Jenna.Hubbert@GeorgianCollege.
Update on CEC eligibility and gap year eligibility for 3 year work permit
There have been recent changes in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) eligibility criteria and the 3 year work permit eligibility after two 1 year programs.
Canadian Experience Class Eligibility Criteria
The good news with the recent change in CEC is that students with just ONE year work experience would be eligible to apply but with certain conditions of course.
Please go through the links below to understand the change clearly.
A couple of things to remember:
- Work experience obtained while studying does not count (this includes coop work experience). As such, students who have done 3 coop work terms (totaling to one year of coop work experience) are NOT eligible for CEC.
- Although students are eligible to apply for CEC after one year of experience, they would need extra time to remain in Canada to apply for immigration and hence, two years of study is still the best option (any single 2-year program or any two 1-year program)
Eligibility of gap year between two 1-year programs for the 3-year work permit
Students who complete two separate 1-year post graduate programs are eligible to apply for a 3-year work permit. The clarification on this states that even students who have a gap of less than one year between the two program are eligible. The time between the two programs will not count towards the 3 year work permit.
For more information, visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/