Langara College Courses Update
Langara College Courses update
Post Degree Diploma in Web & Mobile Application Design and Development
This two-year post-baccalaureate diploma program will focus on Web and Mobile App Design and Development, from concept to deployment. The program will encompass visual aesthetics (including typography, colour theory, and graphics), client and server programming, user experience design, and project management. App designers and developers are in high industry demand. Students will choose to enter the designer or developer stream of the program when they apply, although they can change their focus up until the third term. More information on the program and curriculum is available here: http://www.langara.bc.ca/programs-and-courses/programs/web-and-mobile-app/program-curriculum.html
1) Post Degree Application Form (Please see attachment) – When applying, students must identify whether they want to choose Designer or Developer stream
2) Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university (Applicants in their final semester/term must provide a letter a recommendation from their school that clearly highlights the expected date of graduation and their current academic percentage).
3) Applicants whose native language is other than English and who do not hold the equivalent of a Canadian baccalaureate degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction must submit one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher with TWE 4.0, OR
- TOEFL (internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher, and a minimum of 18 in Listening and Speaking, and 20 in Reading and Writing, OR
- IELTS – minimum level 6.5, with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking/listening (no exception will be made on this requirement)
- LET (Langara English Test) level 3 or better, OR
- LEAP ESL 8 at Langara, OR
- Successful completion of Access Langara
4) Students are also required to submit a letter of intent (maximum of 2 pages) that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this program?
- How can this program help you achieve your career goals?
Post Degree Diploma in Web and Mobile App, Designer or Developer Stream with Experiential Learning Work Term: $27,990 CAD for entire 2 years
Post Degree Diploma in Web and Mobile App, Designer or Developer Stream (without Experiential Learning Work Term): $24,600 CAD for entire 2 years
Post Degree Diploma in Business Administration & Advanced Certificate in Project Management
- 2 academic years (3 semesters coursework + 1 semester Paid Co-op work experience) – Completed on accelerated basis*
- Advanced Certificate in Project Management can be completed concurrently in 4th semester during work term
Advanced Certificate in Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation: This program will fulfill the educational training requirements but applicants must also have 4500 hrs of project management experience to qualify for the PMP examination.
- Letter of Acceptance will state admission to both PDD Business Administration & Project Management
- Completed regular application form
- Bachelor degree transcripts and final graduation certificate (any field of study)
$29,500 CAD for entire program (1st academic year cost: $14,690, 2nd academic year cost: $14,810)
Post-Degree Diploma in Business Administration (PDD-BA)
This program is aimed at students who have completed their bachelor’s degree and wish to enter the business world. Students studying the PDD-BA will complete three semesters of course work followed by a paid Co-op term (through Langara’s Co-op Program), but will have the added option of completing an additional Advanced Project Management Certificate during their course of study. Langara College is proud to be recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) as one of its Registered Education Providers. This added qualification will give graduates an extra advantage as they move into new business careers.
Post-Degree Diploma in Marketing Management (PDD-MM)
This program is aimed at students who hold a bachelor’s degree in any field and who wish to pursue a career in marketing. The program is designed to be completed over the course of three semesters, with a fourth semester of paid career experience.
The programs are anticipated to be highly attractive to international students who already hold a bachelor’s degree and who are interested in starting business careers in Canada. International students who are interested in learning more information or in applying to the program are welcomed to contact.
Admission Requirements for (PDD-BA & PDD-MM)
The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
Adequate command of spoken and written English is required for admission. Applicants whose native language is other than English and who do not hold the equivalent of a Canadian baccalaureate degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction must submit one of the following:
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 570 or higher, and a minimum of 55 each for Reading, Listening, and Writing (4.0 on Test of Written English), OR
- TOEFL (internet-based) with a total score of 90 or higher, and a minimum of 22 in Listening, 22 in Reading, 21 in Speaking, and 21 in Writing, OR
- IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall, with no less than 6.0 in any of the four modules, OR
- CAEL overall score 70, OR
- LEAP 8, OR
- Successful completion of Access Langara
PDD-BA & PDD-MM: $23,730 CAD
Associate Degree in Computer Science
Langara College suggest students to choose Associate Degree in Computer Science (rather than Diploma of Computer Science). The Diploma requires a Mathematics Diagnostic Test and unless this test is cleared, students cannot register for classes.
Diploma in Applied Planning
The Applied Planning program builds applied planning skills for people who wish to work in the field of planning cities, communities or urban centres. Courses emphasize team based learning and introduce students to case studies, practical projects and a range of skills necessary for the practicing planner. Graduates of this program find work with planning organizations including local and regional government, consulting firms and first nations.
Intake is mid August of each year. Students in the program require 14 courses to graduate with a Post-Degree Diploma in Applied Planning. There is an optional work term which includes two additional courses.
Students from any background can apply but applicants from the following degrees would be most suitable to apply Diploma in Applied Planning:
- Bachelor of Urban Planning
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Geography
- Bachelor of Environmental Engineering
- Completion of an undergraduate degree at a recognized educational institution, or equivalent; and
- One post-secondary course in Statistics; and
- One post-secondary course in Economics.
- Letter of Intent
- All students applying to the Applied Planning Program must have a level of English sufficient to write assignments, read and understand course material, complete assignments, and take part in class discussion.
- Students will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL – internet-based (IBT) score of 80, with a minimum of 20 in Reading and Writing and 18 in Speaking and Listening,
- TOEFL – paper-based 550 with TWE 4.0,
- IELTS – International Language Testing System – minimum level 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in listening and speaking)
Tuition for the program:
- 3 semesters and no work term: $23,730
- 4 semesters with work term: $27,120
For more information please refer to Langara College website: http://www.langara.bc.ca/
Post Degree Diploma in Nursing Practice in Canada
LANGARA COLLEGE: Introducing New Post Diploma in Nursing Practice in Canada – Fall 2014 intake*
The Langara College Post Degree Diploma in Nursing Practice in Canada is designed to effectively prepare Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) for eligibility and application for Nurse Licensure and Nursing Practice positions. The program content includes critical thinking, clinical judgment and decision making, verbal and written communication, and cultural safety as applied within the health care setting.
The program includes active learning and a variety of evaluation methodologies with an emphasis on entry-to-practice competencies and standards of practice. Students will have opportunities within the classroom, nursing laboratory and clinical practice setting to apply nursing knowledge, build their clinical competency and enhance their psychomotor skills.
Upon successful completion of the first year (30 credits) of the program, students may choose not to continue in the program and instead apply to graduate with the Post Degree Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management.
Admission Requirements / Academic Requirements:
Students admitted to this post-degree diploma program must have:
1. An accredited 4 year university degree or a 3 year college diploma from a university or college in India that is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
2. English Proficiency
- Applicants must present evidence of English language proficiency by submitting one of the following:
- LPI minimum essay score of 24 and the following
- 5 in English usage, 5 in sentence structure, 10 in reading comprehension OR
- IELTS 6.5 overall score with no band less than 6.0 OR
- CAEL overall score of 70 and an essay score of 60 OR
- TOEFL (Internet based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking and 20 in Writing, OR
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 580 or higher and an essay score of 5.0 or higher
- LPI minimum essay score of 24 and the following
3. Student progression and Maintenance of Standing
In order to progress in the program students must:
- Achieve a minimum “C” grade in all courses, and
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
Students unable to maintain this minimum will not be permitted to advance. Furthermore, students must achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 and a minimum “C” or “S” grade in all courses that are part of the curriculum to be awarded a Post Degree Diploma in Nursing Practice in Canada.
NURS 5100 Professional Communication I
NURS 5110 The Nursing Profession and Health Care I
NURS 5120 Culture and Health
NURS 5130 Professional Communication II
NURS 5115 Clinical Skills Lab I
NURS 5135 Critical Thinking and Decision Making I
NURS 5125 Clinical Skills Lab II
NURS 5145 Critical Thinking and Decision Making II
NURS 5150 Nursing Leadership and Management
BUSM 1500 Business Presentation Skills
Credential to be Awarded:
- Post Degree Diploma in Nursing Practice in Canada
- $25,000 for entire program
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information.