Langara College Vancouver Application Form
Langara College Vancouver Application Form – Langara College Application Form
Application Fee: Non refundable CAD 155
Langara College requires notarized hard copies for submission (scans currently not accepted).
Once all documents are submitted, the application will be processed in 5 business days.
Applicant’s Admission deferred details
Please find the Additional Information HERE
In addition to the usual application documents, to be eligible for Early Childhood Education program, applicants also require the following as a part of the application:
- Completed Early Childhood Education application supplement form.
- A successful interview conducted by the Early Childhood Education Department.
- At least two letters of reference, one of which indicates successful recent experience in the care of children under six years, particularly with groups of preschool-aged children. The second letter may be a personal reference. Baby-sitting experience alone is not adequate. Experience means a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer work in the Province of British Columbia in a licensed child care centre with children six years and under.
- A demonstrated proficiency in the English language including the ability to speak, read, and write clearly and correctly. English proficiency is most important as young children are in the process of acquiring language.
- A confidential medical history, and TB test must be completed once acceptance has been offered. The medical history information that is provided relates only to a student’s ability to fully participate in the program curriculum and practicums that include lifting and carrying young children and physical work in a child care centre. It is a legal requirement that students working with young children in licensed childcare centres attain a negative TB test result.
- Current first aid certification. Once an acceptance has been offered, a first aid certificate from an approved first aid training program must be submitted to the Diploma in Early Childhood Education program. Approved first aid training programs for Early Childhood Educators are listed in Schedule C of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act under Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- All students in Early Childhood Education programs in British Columbia must complete a Criminal Record Review prior to initial registration. Practicum agencies require evidence of a satisfactory Criminal Record Review. If students have a criminal conviction, they are directed to contact the Criminal Records Review Program with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General Security Programs Division with regard to specific questions involving criminal convictions and the ability to register as an Early Childhood Educator in British Columbia.