Medicine Hat College Application
Medicine Hat College Application Instructions
- Medicine Hat College Application is Paper based application: Medicine Hat College International Application2014
- Application Fees: CAD 60$
- Application: Application must be typed, the admissions will not accept hand written application. Please send us TYPED application.
- Desired program: Student is applying for the Science and it is a University Transfer (UT) program. University Transfer programs are tough for international student as once students finish their studies at Medicine Hat College their transfer is not guaranteed. Universities often have a quota for international students and making the transfer is very difficult. UT programs are not 2 year diploma’s they are 4 year degree’s. Medicine Hat College only offers the first year or two of these programs and there is no certificate or diploma after this. Please make sure that student is aware that transfer is NOT GUARANTEED.
- Academic Mark sheets (10th, 12th, Bachelors Mark sheet + Provisional Certificate + Consolidated Mark sheet)
- Statement of Purpose (Compulsory)
- Resume (Compulsory)
- Letter of Recommendation (Minimum 2 required)
- IELTS Compulsory
The PTE requirements for admission is as follow:
- All Master Degrees: 59 (with no section under 56)
- All Post Graduate Diplomas: 54 (with no section under 51)
- All UG Degrees/Diplomas: 54 (with no section under 51)
English Language Requirement:
Students should provide one of the following:
- Successful completion of Advanced ESL (ESL 99) at Medicine Hat College;
- Successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course (or Canadian equivalent) that meets the academic requirements of the applicant’s intended program of study;
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 550 on the paper-based test, a score of 213 on the computer based test, or a score of at least 80 on the TOEFL iBT OR An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) overall band score of 6.0 with no band score less than 5.5 (Please note International students are required to show their English proficiency before entering any credit programs. Once students prove their English proficiency they can apply for credit classes. Students are requested to send the IELTS/TOEFL score at the earliest);
- Completion of an accredited diploma or degree at a Canadian post‐secondary institution where English is the primary language of instruction; OR
- A Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) with a minimum of 7 in each strand (for certificate or diploma programs only)
IMP Note: Students with 50% Marks in 12th Standard will not be accepted for Admissions.
Tagged under: Application Form, Application Instructions, English Language Tests, Entry Requirements, Fees, IELTS, TOEFL, Useful Links