About Omni College Canada
About Omni College Canada
OMNI COLLEGE: A SCHOOL FOR NURSING AND HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
OMNI College’s purpose is to deliver exceptional programs that prepare students for a successful cultural and educational transition into the workforce. To be recognized worldwide as a credible, responsible and caring educational institution.
WELCOME TO OMNI COLLEGE
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, OMNI College is proud to be part of this vibrant, multicultural city set in a spectacular natural environment. The city played host to the 2010 Olympic & Paralympic Winter Games and proved to the world just how incredible Vancouver and it’s people truly are. This city of two million people is Canada’s western gateway to Far East Asia, Eurasia, New Zealand and Australia, as well as to the United States and South America. Vancouver is also British Columbia’s major education and service industry centre.
The OMNI College campus is conveniently located 5 minutes from the Vancouver International Airport, 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver, and walking distance to the Canada Line Skytrain station, bus stops,
major shopping areas, dining and recreation.
Welcome to OMNI College, where we are committed to providing you with the highest level of support during your journey to become a health care professional in Canada.
Since founding this College in 1999, I have been very proud of the growth of our College. I have seen tremendous positive change to our curriculum development and day-to-day operations. However, my greatest pride and joy has always been in the success of our students. Hundreds of quality nurses and professionals have come through our doors, from the furthest most far away countries and from various backgrounds and cultures. Being able to provide them with what they need to finally realize their dreams of becoming a Canadian health care worker has truly been my honour and greatest accomplishment.
I look forward to the day when you too, will be a success here in Canada.
Ron Burke, RN
Founder and Director
SOME FAST FACTS…
Proven success rate:
Specialized in health care:
OMNI is specialized in training health care professionals for both Canadian and international students. We offer only health care related programs and courses so that we may remain focused in this area of expertise.
OMNI College is fully accredited by the Private Career Training Institutes Agency of British Columbia, demonstrating our commitment to quality education and service. The requirements for accreditation in BC are extremely strict, and only those schools that can meet high quality assurance standards are granted accredited status. This mark of approval may give you access to student loan and possible funding opportunities.
The College is also designated as an EQA (Education Quality Assurance) institution by the Ministry of Advanced Education of British Columbia and the BC Council for International Education. This seal of approval is recognized globally as a symbol of quality. It identifies OMNI as a government-recognized institution having met or exceeded quality assurance standards and that offers consumer protection for learners.
OMNI’s EQA designation allows international students eligibility for an open work permit* following graduation. This is a tremendous advantage for international students who are hoping to gain that valuable Canadian work experience.
OMNI College was created by a Registered Nurse:
The College was founded in 1999 by Mr. Ron Burke, a Canadian Registered Nurse, who is passionate about nursing and education. As a Nurse himself, he was able to create, build and develop the College with the firsthand familiarity of what kind of training Nurses and healthcare professionals truly need in order to succeed in the workforce.
We deliver exceptional programs that will enable you to enter the Canadian and global workforce through education, hands-on work training, exposure to Canadian culture and English language training.
Learn from the highest quality of instructors. OMNI College instructors are health care professionals with highly esteemed reputations as educators.
Their reputations alone have brought students to the College, leading them to choose OMNI over any other.
Connections with employers:
OMNI College maintains solid relationships with various employers across Canada’s health care industry. Your chances of securing a job following graduation from OMNI College are the highest possible.
OMNI College is committed to providing students with the highest level of support that will help maximize their chances of success.
Some of the services offered include:
- Employment assistance: Now more than ever before, employers are specifically looking to hire OMNI graduates. The College has built a solid reputation for being able to deliver job-ready nurses, as our working graduates have proven it’s true. Job search workshops are held regularly at the College, providing guidance to students on resume writing, interview questions, follow up tactics and job links.
- Financial aid: Students benefit from a variety of financial assistance options, including StudentAidBC loans and low-interest bank loans for Canadian citizens, landed immigrants and permanent residents. Other financial options may also be provided for international students.
- Personal advising: Students have access to the College’s Founder, Mr. Ron Burke R.N., who has been advising students through their journey to become health care workers in Canada since the College was founded in 1999.
- Access to proven, qualified immigration consultants: International students have been coming to OMNI College from all parts of the world for a very long time. We work with a network of certified immigration consultants who have had a great deal of experience in assisting our students navigate through the complex visa application process. Applicants who have worked with these consultants have experienced a very high visa approval rate, and we are able to refer students and applicants to them.
- Free high-speed Internet: All students have access to our computer lab which is fully-equipped and connected to high-speed Internet, student printer, copier and scanner. Wireless Internet is also available throughout the campus.
- Medical insurance: Students qualify for special reduced rates for medical insurance.
- English-only policy: OMNI College is highly committed to the success of the students, so OMNI adheres to a strict English -Only Policy. All students practice English as often as possible.
- Social events and activities: We provide seasonal celebrations, student contests and other social events and activities. All students are invited to participate, including alumni.
- Alumni connections: OMNI graduates are often invited to return to do guest lecturing, or simply to attend our events. This is always a great opportunity for current students to learn first-hand about their experiences in the workplace and also to develop them as contacts for potential employment in the future.
- Airport pick-up: Service is available to greet students at the airport and to ensure they reach their destination safely.
- Accommodation: We have selected friendly, trustworthy homestay options for students to give them an opportunity to live with Canadian families. They are all conveniently located close to the College.