Vancouver Island University Application
Revision of International Application Deadlines for MBA Program
Looking at the international applications trends and demands from various markets across the world, the Faculty of Business finally decided to have an extended deadline for all international applicants.
|Program Type||Start Date||Application Deadline|
|Non-Business Graduates (Pre-MBA Foundation Mandatory)||July||March 31st|
|Business Graduates (Pre-MBA Foundation Optional)||September||March 31st|
Vancouver Island University online application form (https://isweb.viu.ca/Inted/pub_main.asp)
Vancouver Island University Application Instructions
Applications process of conditional acceptances at Vancouver Island University:
- Undergraduate Programs: There could be two conditions when the student is applying. A student will still be given a conditional offer letter even if the Grade-12 results and IELTS scores are pending.
- Graduate (Masters and PDD) and Limited Entry Programs: There could only be one condition when the student is applying. A student will get a conditional offer letter if one of the conditions is pending, i.e., Degree completion or IELTS scores. [Vancouver Island University (VIU) accepts all 3-year Bachelor degrees programs for an admission into a Master]
- The payment deadline on the conditional offer letter could be well before the student is expecting to meet the conditions.
- Therefore, if the student is borderline, and in case there’s a doubt if the student is going to meet the admission requirements, it is recommended to apply with all the final scores.
- VIU also tries to avoid this situation by accepting high quality candidates.
- In case the student is not able to meet the requirements, VIU will be processing a refund, minus the administrative fee.
Important improvements to VIU’s processing of international student applications.
- Acceptance of Electronic Documents: As of October 3rd all ESL, Undergraduate and Post Degree Diploma program applications can be done fully online. This will include submission of online documents! Please use the online application form at the following link: https://isweb.viu.ca/Inted/
pub_main.asp. (Please note that for all Master Degree applications electronic documents will be accepted with the online application. However, the student / agent will be required to provide original or certified copies on all documents before a letter of Acceptance will be given. These will be requested at the time of the Letter of Offer.)
- Electronic Letters of Offer & Letters of Acceptance: As of October 3rd all Letters of Offer and Letters of Acceptance will be sent electronically to applicants. Hard copies may be requested in special circumstances, however courier charges will apply. All Canadian Embassies and High Commissions are now accepting electronic LOA’s for visa consideration.
- New Tuition Fees: As of September 2015 some of tuition fees has changed. Please see the attachment for tuition fees applicable for the upcoming September 2015 Intake. (Vancouver Island University Fees Updates)
- Vancouver Island University requires Notarized Hardcopy for processing the application
- Application Fee – CAD 150
- MBA: For June 2015 Foundation Start (September 2015 intake) – February 27, 2015
- MBA: For September 2015 foundation start (January 2016 intake) – April 30, 2015
- All Other Programs: September 2015 intake – March 31, 2015
- All Other Programs: January 2016 intake – April 30, 2015
The deadlines for Undergraduate Programs, Post Degree Diplomas and some of the Master Programs are indicative, and there may be a chance to find a seat well after the deadline. Therefore, if students are interested, then they should check about the seat availability before making the application.
English language Requirements:
- IELTS 6.0 with no score under 5.5 or TOEFL iBT 80 with no score under 19
- For MBA IELTS 6.5 with no band under 6.0 or TOEFL iBT 88 with no sections under 20 or equivalents.
The PTE requirements for admission into VIU or various programs is as follow:
- All Master Degrees: 59 (with no section under 56)
- All Post Graduate Diplomas: 54 (with no section under 51)
- All UG Degrees/Diplomas: 54 (with no section under 51)
International Admissions Link: http://www.viu.ca/calendar/International/index.asp#fees
Bank Transfer Details
RBC Royal Bank of Canada, Downtown Branch
205 Commercial Street, Nanaimo, B.C., CANADA V9R 5S5
Bank No. 003
Branch No. 03120
Account No. 0000695
Swift Code: ROYCCAT2
Beneficiary – Vancouver Island University
Details of Payment – please give Student’s Name and Birth Date