About Wilfrid Laurier University
About Wilfrid Laurier University
As one of Canada’s oldest institutions, Laurier has been in the business of creating leaders in every industry for more than 100 years. Laurier offer an extensive selection of programs in Arts (Languages, Global Studies, Psychology, Archeology, etc.), Science, Business & Economics, Human & Social Sciences, Music, Education, and Social Work. Laurier also offer’s double degree opportunities with the University of Waterloo (earn 2 degrees in five years), major and minor combinations, options to enhance students degree, and partnerships with other universities and colleges to combine students schooling and training. With two campuses and with more than 19,000 students, Laurier could be considered a large university in Canada, but you’d never know it.
The minute student step foot on one of our campuses, they feel right at home. Laurier close-knit community environment will make International students feel like they belong right away so they can focus on learning and growing as a person.
Laurier has over 175 student-led clubs and associations in addition to its intramural sports teams. In fact, last year more than 8,000 students participated in a variety of intramural sports to keep their bodies as active as their minds. With options as diverse as ultimate Frisbee, Squash and Dodge ball, there’s a sport for everyone.
Laurier is a place where the curious thrive, and where innovative programs and state of the art facilities provide students an avenue to achieve success and results:
- 96% of grads secure employment or pursue post-graduate studies after graduating
- 4,500 employers recruit annually at Laurier
- Canada’s largest business co-op work experience program with paid student positions at:
- Samsung, Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- KPMG, Staff Accountant
- Ministry of Education, Information Officer
- Manulife, Actuarial
- Scotiabank, Investment Banking Analyst
- Laurier was ranked 2nd in Canada for our International Student Support Services and 4th for overall reputation, highest quality, most innovative and leaders of tomorrow!
- 1:23 is Laurier’s faculty to student ratio
- 70 Institutions in 26 countries have exchange agreements with Laurier
- 88% of Laurier’s science faculty are funded by external granting agencies
- 88,264 alumni are members of the Alumni Association; they’re found in 85 countries
- Full-time tuition is competitively priced at $22,247 per year
- Residence is guaranteed to all students applying before June 2, 2015!
The following scholarships are available to international students in their first year:
- Entrance Scholarships ranging from $750 to $5000, based on academic achievement
- Farouk and Dawn Ahamed International Student Scholarship $700
- Automatic Entrance Scholarships $750-$5,000
- Scotiabank Scholarship $5,000
- President’s International Friendship Scholarship $5,000
- Martin Business Administration Award of Distinction $5,000
- Neo Material Technologies Academic Scholarships of Distinction $5,000
- Centennial Scholarship $21,844 (full tuition)
Laurier’s International Friendship Entrance Scholarship – India
The Laurier International Friendship Entrance Scholarship has been established in recognition of the developing relationship between Wilfrid Laurier University and the country of India. This award is open to all students from India graduating from high school in 2015. The scholarship will be granted to the student from the India to show the highest academic entrance average as of the first day of classes in September 2015.