University Of Canterbury Courses
Courses offered at University of Canterbury
- Bachelor of Commerce with Honours
- MANAGEMENT / MARKETING
- Bachelor of Music with Honours
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Forestry
- Graduate Diploma in Journalism
- Graduate Diploma in Management
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Primary)
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Secondary)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Antarctic Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
- Postgraduate Certificate in Palliative Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Forestry
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geographic Information Science
- Master of Audiology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Management (MBM)
- Master of Commerce (Management / Marketing)
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Education
- Master of Engineering (ME)
- Master of Engineering in Fire Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Management
- Master of Engineering Studies (MEngSt)
- Master of Engineering in Transportation
- Master of Forestry Science
- Master of Geographic Information Science
- Master of Human Interface Technology
- Master of Professional Accounting (MPA)
- Master of Speech and Language Pathology – MSLP
Master of Engineering Management at University of Canterbury
It is a very difficult programme to get admission for, it takes a limited entry each February. If students do not meet the specific GMAT and English requirements please DO NOT apply as the application will not reach the department as conditional offers are not issued.
Students who do not meet these specific requirements but have a strong engineering undergraduate degree should apply for the Master of Engineering Studies OR if they are determined to gain some management skills to apply for the Master of Business Management, especially if they have work experience in India.
The MEM is an intensive degree requiring aptitude, personal maturity and an understanding of what future leadership in technical organisations require. Consequently, the MEM Selection Committee bases its decision on the following criteria:
- A good undergraduate degree in engineering or science (University Of Canterbury will consider others on merit).
- GMAT will be required from all international applicants. The GMAT score must be 650 or above. Students should contact the Program Director if they have any questions.
- GMAT >650 – 80% percentile total
- Verbal above 70% percentile minimum
- Quantitative above 70% percentile minimum
- Analytical Writing above 70% percentile minimum
- Applicants without an undergraduate degree (such as NZCE or equivalent) must apply in the first instance for consideration based on industry experience. University Of Canterbury has admitted a few candidates in the past.
- No work experience is required; the MEM is aimed at recent graduates.
- Applicants must be highly proficient in English. A paper-based TOEFL score of at least 600, or computer based TOEFL score of at least 250 with no single section lower than 25, or an IELTS score of at least 7 (with no section less than 7) is required from overseas applicants.
- All MEM applicants must be fundamentaly computer literate and must have a reasonable proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.