University Of Waikato Application Form
University of Waikato now has online application system.
The following application deadlines are set to allow time for the processing of applications, and for you to make relevant arrangements prior to departing for Waikato.
Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a case by case basis. You must be aware that late applications may not be accepted by the Faculty and there may not be enough time for pre-departure arrangements before the University start date.
Semester A (Late February – June): Closing date for applications is 1 December of year prior to start date
Semester B (July – November): Closing date for applications is 1 May
Please note: Application processes for research degrees are generally longer than those of taught programmes. Research studies are also subject to the availability of an appropriate supervisor.
All students applying to the University of Waikato must meet the appropriate academic and English language entry requirements. Faculties/Schools of Study may have additional entry requirements for some qualifications. All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. You are advised to check current requirements with International Services.
English Language Requirements
- Have an IELTS score 5.5 or above (it is strongly recommended that students have a score of at least 5 in each of the four bands); or a paper-based TOEFL score of 525; (or a computer-based TOEFL score of 197 or above)… OR
- Students who have successfully completed Level 6 Certificate of Attainment in English Language at the University of Waikato Pathways College will be considered to have met the English proficiency requirement for admission to the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies.
|IELTS (Academic not General)||Some qualifications require an overall band 6.0 and a Writing band 6.0 and some require 6.0 overall with no less than 6.0 in each band (6.5 for Bachelor of Teaching with at least 6.0 in the writing band and 7.0 for Graduate Diploma in Teaching in each band). Refer to the English language requirements by qualification.|
|TOEFL (internet based)||79 – 80 with a Writing score of 20 (22 in Writing for Bachelor of Teaching, Bachelor of Education and Graduate Diploma in Teaching)|
|TOEFL (paper-based)||550 overall including a TWE of 5.0 (600 for Bachelor of Teaching, Bachelor of Education and Graduate Diploma in Teaching)|
|TOEFL (computer-based)||213 including a TWE of 5.0 (4.5 in Essay Writing for Bachelor of Teaching, Bachelor of Education and Graduate Diploma in Teaching)|
- The English language requirements may be subject to change in subsequent years.
- Each Faculty/School of Study reserves the right to request an IELTS or TOEFL score or equivalent.
- Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences – undergraduate students with an IELTS score of less than 7.0 or a paper-based TOEFL score of less than 600 will be required to enrol in and pass the paper ESLA101 Academic Writing and Research in their first semester of enrolment.
- Bachelor of Teaching – upon completion of study, students must be able to demonstrate a minimum score of IELTS 7.0 in each area of competence to gain teacher registration with the New Zealand Teachers Council.
Graduate and Postgraduate
|IELTS||Some qualifications require an overall band 6.5 and a Writing band 6.0. and some require 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in each band (7.0 overall for Graduate Diploma in Teaching with no less than 7.0 in each band). The English language proficiency requirements for admission to particular qualifications are at the discretion of the Dean concerned.|
|TOEFL (internet based)||90 with a writing score of 22 (100 for Graduate Law)|
|TOEFL (paper-based)||577 overall including a TWE of 5.0 (100 overall and TWE of 5.5 for Graduate Law)|
|TOEFL (computer-based)||233 including a TWE of 5.0 (5.5 for Graduate Law)|
SCHOLARSHIPS OF NZ$ 5000 EXCLUSIVELY FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
Application forms available online on the following website:
- Some qualifications require a higher score.
- The English language requirements are subject to change.
- For the English language requirements for specific qualifications refer to the University of Waikato Calendar.
- English language waivers are considered by the relevant Faculty on a case by case basis.
- Waikato Management School
- Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Business Analysis Bhttp://www.waikato.ac.nz/study/qualifications/bbafin.shtml
- Communication Studies
- Computing and Mathematical Sciences
- Electronic Commerce
- Engineering with Honours**
- Environmental Planning
- Management Studies
- Media and Creative Technologies
- Science (Technology)
- Social Science
- Sport and Leisure Studies
- Computer Graphic Design
- Information Technology
- Educational Leadership
- Electronic Commerce
- Professional Accounting
- Must be holding conditional/unconditional offer of a place
- Selection will be based on merit.
No. of Scholarships: 4
Scholarship Value: NZ$ 5,000 each awardee
Important Dates and timelines
- Application to study at a university by: 30 October 2016
- Application for scholarship by: 30 November 2016
- Year 12 mark sheets and certificates, Degree certificates and
- mark sheets, Statement of Purpose and Resume.
For More Application Information Please Click HERE