About Anglia Ruskin University
About Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University is a modern university with a history. Founded in 1858, Anglia Ruskin University were initially known as Cambridge School of Arts. Anglia Ruskin University are now one of the largest universities in the East of England with over 35,000 students including an international student community from 177 countries.
Anglia Ruskin University believe that a degree, both undergraduate and postgraduate, should not only enhance subject knowledge, but equip students with skills that will be used throughout their careers. The majority of the courses on offer at Anglia Ruskin University, particularly those at postgraduate level, are designed with global reach in mind, and focused towards real skills and knowledge that can be taken straight into the workplace, helping Anglia Ruskin University students to achieve their career aspirations.
Anglia Ruskin University has invested over £80 million in new state of the art teaching, learning and social spaces over the last five years, with a further £115 million planned over the next five years. As well as impressive facilities, Anglia Ruskin University campuses are also ranked 10th among UK universities in the Green League, a measure of current action and commitment to sustainability and minimizing environmental impact.
All of Anglia Ruskin University courses are available with a September start date, and in addition a large number of courses at Anglia Ruskin now offer a start point in January each year, giving international students more flexibility in starting their studies.
Anglia Ruskin University offers a range of scholarships for international students, including the International Merit Scholarship scheme, for which all applicants are automatically considered.
The International Merit Scholarship scheme
The International Merit Scholarship scheme provides awards of either £500 or £1,000 to well-qualified students applying for any full-time Bachelors and £1000 or £2000 for Masters course. Awards are made on the basis of academic merit and level of competence in English language.
Sports Scholarships Scheme
Anglia Ruskin offers selective sports scholarships and bursaries to students of high sporting potential enrolled on Anglia Ruskin University academic programmes. Awards range from £500 to £1,000 per year, and are available in a variety of sports including cricket, rowing, athletics and swimming. Please contact Anglia Ruskin University International Admissions team regarding the application process for this scholarship.
The British Chevening Scholarship Scheme
The University participates in this Foreign and Commonwealth Office-funded scheme and will accept up to ten Chevening Scholars per year on to full-time postgraduate degrees. The Scheme is administered through participating British Council offices in a range of countries. All enquiries should be addressed to the main British Council office in the home country.
Additional scholarships Information
In addition there may be more scholarships available that are based on the field of study, the home country or on a faculty basis.
In addition to the scholarship schemes described above, student may wish to consult the joint British Council and UKCISA as possible sources of funding for students wishing to study in the UK.
Please note: that normally Anglia Ruskin University award one scholarship per student. However, sometimes students are eligible for more than one scholarship; please contact us for more information about the Scholarship schemes.
Campus & Location
Anglia Ruskin University have two major campuses are in Cambridge and Chelmsford, both rated in the top ten best places to live in the UK and both are under an hour from central London by train. Cambridge is one of the UK’s most popular study and tourist destinations and is world-renowned as a seat of learning. The historical city of Chelmsford is one of the fastest growing cities in the Southeast of England.
Anglia Ruskin University campus is based in Cambridge and is less than an hour away from London by train. In Anglia Ruskin University spacious and modern Cambridge campus Anglia Ruskin University offer state-of-the-art learning facilities as well as quality on – campus student accommodation and world-class student study areas.
Cambridge is also very popular for sight-seeing, shopping, sports and leisure, the arts and nightlife.
Anglia Ruskin University green riverside campus is based in the East of England, Chelmsford and is only 20 minutes away from the Olympic Park and 35 minutes away from the city of London by train. In Anglia Ruskin University spacious and modern campus Anglia Ruskin University offer state-of-the-art learning facilities as well as good quality on campus student accommodation and world-class student study areas.
Historic Chelmsford is a beautiful city with friendly people and one of the best and safest places to live in Europe. It was also rated in the top 10 best places to live in the UK looking at quality of life, facilities, schools, and services provided here. And recently Chelmsford was awarded City status as part of the Queen’s Jubilee Celebrations. This exciting city is birthplace of Radio invented by Guglielmo Marconi and also famous as home to the Essex County Cricket Club.
Anglia Ruskin is committed to offering the best possible support to international students. Anglia Ruskin University are delighted to be rewarded with the Outstanding Student Services Team award at the 2012 Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award (2012). This prestigious award recognises Anglia Ruskin University Student Services Team as the best in the UK.
Anglia Ruskin University other services for international students include:
- Anglia Assessment Centre(AAC) – A Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA) Quality Assurance Group-approved assessment centre where eligible students can have a DSA Assessment by Anglia Ruskin University team of skilled assessors.
- Counselling and Wellbeing – A place where students can talk in confidence to a professional counsellor about any personal or university-related issues.
- Employability – A place where students can find a help with finding temporary employment opportunities, CV advice, preparation for interview and help with finding work once graduate.
- Faculty Student Advice– A designated point of contact, where students can access friendly and professional help, advice and guidance during studies.
- iCentres– A first point of contact for any study related query where Anglia Ruskin University aim to provide to Anglia Ruskin University students with an answer as quickly as possible.
- International Student Advice – Offering range of free specialist services to Anglia Ruskin University international students.
- Student Money Advice – Provide specialist knowledge on a range of student money related issues so that students can concentrate on their studies.
- Study Support – Provide services, support and advice for disabled students (including dyslexic students) and study skills support for all students.
- Nursery – A day-care nursery located in Peter Taylor House (Cambridge) for children aged three months to five years, providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment for children to develop and grow. In Chelmsford, Anglia Ruskin University is working closely with few nurseries and offers discounts to staff and students for their services.
- Students’ Union – An independent charity that supports students through university. Student will become a part of this union as soon as student will become Anglia Ruskin student.
- Health – During the semester a Medical Centre with an NHS GP surgery is available for all Anglia Ruskin University students at both campuses.
Join and experience an incredible student life in the UK!
- One of the largest universities in the East of England with over 30,000 full and part-time students
- Top three in the UK for Anglia Ruskin University Welcome, Arrival and Orientation programme (International Student Barometer, Autumn 2010)
- World-leading research
- A modern university with a history. Founded in 1858 Anglia Ruskin University were initially known as Cambridge School of Art
- State-of-the-art study facilities
- 90% of Anglia Ruskin University graduates either find employment or continue in education within six months of graduation (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey, 2010)
- Anglia Ruskin University Campuses are less than an hour from London by train
- Award winning Student Services (Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Awards, 2012)
- A diverse international community of over 120 nationalities
Anglia Ruskin University offer a variety of courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and postgraduate research levels. Anglia Ruskin University believe that a degree should not only enhance subject knowledge, but equip students with skills to be used throughout their careers. The majority of the courses on offer, particularly those at postgraduate level, are designed with global reach in mind, and focused towards real skills and knowledge that can be taken straight into the workplace, helping our students to achieve their career aspirations.