Birmingham City University Application Instructions
Birmingham City University Application is Online
Paper application form to be fill and attached along with all documents and should be uploaded while submitting online application.
Birmingham City University (BCU) does not defer the intake on the basis of conditional offers
If student wants to defer the intake then student need to have an unconditional offer and the minimum deposit amount 3000 GBP has to be paid then only University will issue a Deferred Offer Letter.
Undergraduate courses –
- Successful completion of the 12th Standard Higher Secondary School Certificate / CBSE / ICSE, with an average grade of 65 per cent or above with 60 per cent in Maths (where applicable) at Standard X.
- For BEng degrees – Successful completion of the 12th Standard Higher Secondary School Certificate with an average of grade 70 per cent or above. Maths, Physics and Chemistry must all be offered at 70 per cent or above.
- For School of Technology and Engineering BSc Degrees – Successful completion of the 12th Standard Higher Secondary School Certificate. All 12th level subjects must be above 70 per cent with 60 per cent in Maths at Standard X.
Postgraduate courses –
- For Business – Successful completion of a three year degree with a minimum of 55 per cent in each year
- For Engineering – Successful completion of a B.E / B.Tech in the relevant field with a minimum of 60 per cent
- For Computing – Successful completion of a three year degree with a minimum of 55 per cent in each year
- Birmingham Institute of Art and Design (BIAD) – all undergraduate courses in BIAD equire a good portfolio of artwork. Some postgraduate courses also require a portfolio, others require a proposal of studies while some courses require both a portfolio and a proposal of studies. Please check faculty website for specific requirements.
- Technology, Engineering and the Environment (TEE) – All undergraduate programmes in the TEE faculty require Mathematics at O Level. However for the Engineering suite and BEng Telecommunication and Networks, Mathematics is required at AS Level minimum Grade C or the equivalent.
- Business School – all Business School undergraduate Year 1 courses require Mathematics minimum of Grade C at O Level or the equivalent
English Language requirement –
Birmingham City University is accepting 12th Standard English language at 65% or above for Maharashtra and Karnataka state boards in exempt of IELTS 6.0.
Birmingham City University is accepting all of the following Standard 12th qualifications from India in lieu of English:
|State Board||Min. Grade for IELTS 6.0 equivalent|
|Maharashtra – new||65%|
|Karnataka – new||65%|
Some postgraduate courses require a subject specific undergraduate degree to qualify for entry. For example, Law, Computing, Social Sciences, Engineering, etc.
Birmingham City University Scholarship Opportunities
Up To £2,000 Scholarships Available For Indian Students
To be eligible for a scholarship for an undergraduate programme, students will need to have studied the 12th Standard and attained the following grade:
60% overall* £1,000
65% overall* £1,500
70% overall* £2,000
To be eligible for a scholarship for a postgraduate programme, students will need to have gained the following at a university in India:
48% – 54% £500
55% – 59% £1,000
60% – 69% £1,500
70% + £2,000
5 star universities:
45% – 49% £500
49% – 54% £1,000
55% – 59% £1,500
60% + £2,000
For More Application Information Please Click HERE