About Bournemouth University
About Bournemouth University
Bournemouth University (BU) is a diverse and vibrant university based in the student-friendly town of Bournemouth, which is situated on the beautiful south coast of England.
The Bournemouth University (BU) community includes 17,000 students of which 2,000 are international students from over 100 countries.
There are six Academic Schools at BU; with experienced academics work within these Schools to offer hundreds of courses across many different subject areas.
Bournemouth University – BU’s core vision is “Creating the most stimulating, challenging, and rewarding university experience in a world–class learning community by sharing the unique fusion of excellent education, research and professional practice and inspiring the students, graduates and staff to enrich the world”.
With seven miles of golden sands and sparkling sea, the vibrant cosmopolitan town of Bournemouth has it all – a vast variety of shops, restaurants and holiday accommodation, seafront hotels, buzzing nightlife and endless countryside. There is certainly no shortage of things to do in Bournemouth University.
Academic Schools and departments
- The School of Applied Sciences
- The Business School
- The School of Design, Engineering and Computing
- The School of Health and Social Care
- The Media School
- The School of Tourism
Bournemouth is situated on the south coast of England; it takes less than two hours to reach us by train from London. Bournemouth is a stylish holiday destination that is highly regarded for its 7 miles of sandy beaches, rugged coastline and well-kept parks and gardens.
Key Uundergraduate Courses
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- LLB (Hons) Law
- BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Science
- BA (Hons) Computer Visualisation and Animation
- BA (Hons) Advertising
- BA (Hons) Communication and Media
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- BA (Hons) International Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Tourism Management
- BSc (Hons) Games Technology
- BSc (Hons) Computing
- BEng (Hons)/MEng (Hons) Engineering
Key Postgraduate Courses
- MSc Forensic Archaeology
- Master of Business Administration
- MSc Finance with Risk Management
- MSc Management with Marketing
- MSc Applied Data Analytics
- MSc Information Technology
- MSc Product Design
- MSc Public Health
- MA Advertising and Marketing Communications
- MA Digital Effects
- MA Directing Digital Film and Television
- MA Multimedia Journalism
- MSc/MA Computer Animation and Visual Effects
- MSc Events Management
- MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management
Bournemouth University will be offering a wide range of scholarships (in excess of 1,000 awards) ranging in value from £1,000 to full fee waivers for the 2014/15 academic year.
Intakes : September and January
Applications for most postgraduate courses may be submitted and followed on BU’s online application system. All full-time undergraduate applications must be submitted through UCAS.