Durham University Application Instructions
Durham University (PG Online) Application Instructions
Online Application Instructions:
- The new user must create an account with a Login ID and PIN.
- It must create a unique login ID and PIN for each individual applicant.
- The Foundation Centre will consider Standard XII students who narrowly miss the entry grades to secure direct entry to year one programmes. For entry to Foundation Centre programmes, applicants will be expected to achieve 75% average grades – taken from the best of four subjects, excluding physical education. Any subject-specific requirements will reflect the overall percentage required (e.g. ISC – 75% in best four subjects including 75% in Mathematics)
- IELTS band 6.0 or TOEFL/PTE equivalent is required to meet matriculation and UKBA visa requirements
- Applicants for undergraduate programmes with an A*AA requirement – e.g. LLB and BA (Hons) Economics, will need to achieve an overall average mark of 87% (best of 4 subjects , excluding physical education) at Standard XII which should include any pre-requisite subjects e.g. maths, physics at 85%
- Applicants for undergraduate programmes with an AAA or lower requirement – will need to achieve an overall average mark of 85% (best of 4 subjects , excluding physical education) at Standard XII which should include any pre-requisite subjects e.g. maths, physics at 85%
- Applicants for undergraduate business programmes (including accounting and finance, but not economics) will need to achieve 85% (best of 4 subjects, excluding physical education) at Standard XII, which must include a score of at least 85% in mathematics. In cases where a student has not had the opportunity to study mathematics at Standard XII level, the Business School can accept Standard X mathematics, providing a score of 85% or above has been achieved
- Applicants for LLB will also be required to sit the LNAT (National Admissions Test for Law) – www.lnat.ac.uk and achieve a satisfactory score determined by Durham Law School
- Applicants for the MBBS programme can be considered if they hold Standard XII qualifications (CBSE or CISCE exam boards only) with a minimum of 85% (to include Chemistry and Biology at 85%) Applicants must also achieve a satisfactory score in the UKCAT (UK Clinical Aptitude Test) – www.ukcat.ac.uk and IELTS band 7 (with band 7 in all components) Applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of their qualification; exam board and grades
- Students achieving grades below 80% at Standard XII but higher than 75% with IELTS 6.0 and suitable subject route may be considered by the Foundation Centre for entry to direct progression route foundation programmes
- 3 -year bachelor degree, 4-year professional bachelor degree, or in the case of law students, a 5-year integrated bachelor degree from an approved Indian university (NOOSR rankings, 2013) with the following grades:
- Section 1 institutions – First Division pass with 60% or CGPA 3.0/4 or CGPA 6.0/10
- Section 2 institutions – First Division pass with at least 65% or CGPA 3.2/4 or CGPA 6.5/10
- Section 3 institutions – First Division pass with at least 70% or CGPA 3.5/4 or CGPA 7.0/10
- With regard to the above, please note the following: Admissions tutors should bear in mind that there is tremendous diversity within the higher education system in India, such that the grades required for entry to an Indian University will vary according to the institution attended as well as the programme applied for. It is very difficult to achieve high scores in Delhi University, especially in Arts, and Social Science courses such as History, Sociology, Political Science along with Economics and Law rarely achieve 60%. The state of Maharashtra employs a hard marking system. As a rule it is difficult to achieve 60% for Engineering, Architecture and Law at Mumbai University & Pune University, so flexibility in entry grades is encouraged. Flexibility is also encouraged for applicants from selected law programmes including those from Delhi, Pune, Mumbai Universities, Government Law College, Kolkata, NALSAR, NLSIU, ILS and Amity Law School – in these cases, 55% is normally acceptable for courses which require a UK 2:1 equivalent.
- MBA candidates are required to provide evidence of at least five years’ strong managerial work experience since graduation of a supervisory or managerial nature. A GMAT score of 600 or above may be required
- Applicants for MSc Finance related programmes need to show evidence of having studied a selection of econometrics, advanced / higher mathematics, probability & statistics to a high level (60%+) ideally in the 2nd year or final year of their Bachelor degree. 1st year modules are unlikely to be of suitable level to meet entry requirements
- PhD candidates will require a masters degree with 1st Division (60%+) with research exposure from a recognised Indian university in addition to a bachelor degree with 1st Division (also see notes above regarding grade flexibility)
For More Application Information Please Click HERE
Tagged under: Application Instructions, Entry Requirements, IELTS, Online Application, Pre-Sessional Course, TOEFL