About LIBT Brunel University
About LIBT Brunel University
Latest News on LIBT/Brunel University London – BEST BUSINESS SCHOOL OF THE YEAR & WHY ?!
Why Choose Brunel
- A broad subject range: Many of Brunel’s innovative courses are accredited by professional institutions, which are recognised by employers and may offer membership or exemption towards further study. Each course entry provides full details.
- All round student satisfaction: With high ratings in national assessments and league tables, Brunel was rated Top 3 in London for overall Student Satisfaction last year.
- First-rate teaching- Research is at the heart of everything at Brunel, underpinning and enhancing teaching on degree programmes. Brunel University aims to deliver innovative courses that challenge their students and are relevant to the needs of today’s employers, taught by academics at the forefront of their fields.
- Everything in one place – Brunel is a relaxed, campus-based university situated in Uxbridge, West London. The campus offers first class accommodation, easy access to all study facilities and a great social scene.
- A 21st century campus – Over £350 million of investment has created a modern, vibrant campus with an impressive range of state-of-the-art teaching, social and sporting facilities.
- Meeting the demands of employers – Brunel is committed to producing the professionally minded and skilled graduates that employers want. Brunel University has a consistently good record in the graduate employment market – Brunel’s Placement and Careers Centre has received a national award as the Best University Placement Service for the third year running. Brunel graduates regularly earn amongst the highest graduate starting salaries.
- In 2011 86.1% of Brunel University graduates were in paid employment or further study six months after their time at Brunel had ended, Brunel graduates regularly earn amongst the highest graduate starting salaries.
Why Brunel Business school
- High quality teaching: Students will learn from academics at the forefront of their fields. Brunel University students benefit from international level research findings which are regularly applied in lectures.
- In depth knowledge: Master the main functional areas of business and management. Keep pace with the ever-changing world of business and the new practices or innovations as they are introduced.
- Innovative pastoral care: In addition to carefully selected academic members of staff who are ideally suited to the role of being a personal tutor, Brunel University has a team of staff known as ‘BBS Student Support’, who are able to offer support and guidance on every single aspect of a student’s study
- Meeting the needs of employers: Brunel University is committed to producing talented professionals out of their students who have the skills and confidence needed to thrive in today’s business environment. Brunel University’s Business Life programme provides a structure within which students can develop skills that employers want, create a clear pathway to their chosen career and prepare to enter the world of work.
- Work Placement Scheme: Put students academic study into practice and gain invaluable experience of the workplace.
- Professional accreditation: Students can be exempt from entry level examinations of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), the Chartered Institute for Management Accountants (CIMA), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Excellent rankings performance: Brunel University consistently features in the independent league tables as one of the top business schools, thanks to high quality, research-led teaching and strong practical training that leads to excellent employability.
- Business School: Business School of the year: 29/11/2013 Brunel Business school was names Business School of the year Times Higher Education Awards 2013.
- The MSc in Management is 8th best globally for careers progression and is in the top 10 in UK according to the Financial Times
- Brunel graduates enjoy the 13th highest starting salaries in the UK
- 3rd in London for student satisfaction (The Complete University Guide)
- The Brunel MBA is one of a distinguished group of MBA programmes worldwide to have achieved accreditation by The Association of MBAs (AMBA), the leading MBA accreditation body
- New Ranking names Brunel University as one of the most International Universities in the World http://www.brunel.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/news-items/ne_352333 Released on 29 Jan 2014
- Brunel University is ranked Top in London, 6th in the UK and 35th in the world in a new world ranking of the top 100 universities founded in the last 50 years, (THE, World University Rankings 2012)
Some useful info below:
- MBA ranking: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/bbs/news-and-events/news/ne_350712
Career Placement has won an award from Queen of England for 3 consecutive year Employing Students
Career placement videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqEOtM1vhSYRjKoiajne8YHWlfI0Ungeq
Placement and Careers Centre (PCC)
The Placement and Careers Centre (PCC) is student’s one-stop-shop when it comes to employment and career planning and is based at the heart of the university on the first floor of the Bannerman Centre. Business School students are supported by dedicated Placement Officers and Careers Consultants that work with students from the day they start. Within the PCC is the Job Shop, which is visited by most students on arrival at the University. The Job Shop helps students find temporary or part-time work whilst studying for their degree which enables to develop the transferable skills sought after by employers. The Placement Team work with organisations to obtain work placement opportunities and provide a service to students to help them secure a work placement that is relevant to course of study. The team provides advice on preparation of a CV, covering letter, and interview techniques relevant to placements. It also works with Business School tutors to ensure that the placements Brunel University advertise meet the requirements for students course. It is never too early in university career to start thinking about students options for when they graduate. Brunel University Careers Consultants will help students with their career planning, suggest ways they can improve their skills and work with them to discover useful experiences and relevant opportunities. The PCC also run a range of events and activities throughout time at Brunel to help discover the options open to and make a successful transition from university to working life. Activities cover topics like CV preparation, completing application forms and psychometric testing, whilst events range from recruitment fairs to on-campus employer events and alumni presentations. In addition, the PCC provide students with access to numerous online resources that support one-toone guidance and these include: company and sector information, details of job hunting techniques and a number of DVDs that can help with interviews and assessment centres.
Accommodation: It is guaranteed for students who are joining Brunel University in September, Brunel University has got 4650 accommodation on campus, the link below for further information http://www.libt.navitas.com/students/accommodation
|Country / Region||Stage 1 University Foundation||Stage 2 First Year University Studies||Stage 1 Pre-Master’s|
|International Baccalaureate||Completion of IB Certificate||Completion of IB Diploma or completion of IB Certificate with 24 points||N/A|
|UK Educational System||5 GCSE Passes (including Mathematics)||Satisfactory completion of GCE A / AS Levels||Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree with Second Class Second Division (2:2) (Honours). Graduates with Third Class (Honours) will be considered on an individual basis or Successful completion of an ordinary Bachelor’s Degree with Second Class Second Division (2:2). Graduates with Third Class will be considered on an individual basis (Scotland only)|
|India||Completion of 10th intermediate with a minimum grade of 40% from CBSE, ICSE, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Karnataka or West Bengal; or 50% for other regions||Completion of 10+2/intermediate with a minimum grade of 50% from CBSE, ICSE, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Karnataka or West Bengal; or 60% for other regions||Bachelor’s Degree with minimum score of 45% from a top premier institutions, 50% from a premier insitution; 55% from Division 1 institutions, 60% in Division 2 institutions|
NOTE: LIBT Brunel: LBIC @ Brunel University London new website http://www.brunel.ac.uk/lbic