Loughborough University Application Form
Loughborough University (PG Online)
- The new user must create an account with a Login ID and PIN.
- It must create a unique login ID and PIN for each individual applicant.
All applicants to full-time Postgraduate Taught Masters, Diplomas and Certificates offered by the School of Business and Economics must pay an application fee of £25 before their application is considered.
Students can pay their application fee by going to the Loughborough University on-line store at: https://store.lboro.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?catid=137&modid=1&compid=1
If students have any questions or problems over paying the fee, please see our Information for Applicants at: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/ar/admissions/pgt/student/Application_Fee/index.htm
If students pay their fee, their application will be forwarded to the School of Business and Economics for academic consideration. Decisions are normally made on applications within six to eight weeks. Please ensure to upload supporting documents via the online application portal.
English Language Requirements & Free In-sessional English Course
Loughborough Business School is offering free in-sessional English course which runs alongside their academic modules for students who have obtained IELTS 6.5 overall and 5.5 minimum in some subtests, instead of attending the 5-week Pre-sessional course. There are only very limited places available so it is strictly on a first come first serve bases and this provision is only applicable for the following 5 conversion programmes –
- MSc Business Analysis and Management (for non-business graduates but needs elementary maths and/or statistics background)
- MSc Finance and Management (for non-finance graduates with elementary maths and/or statistics background, can consider Business admin, Accountancy and Accounting graduates)
- MSc Management (for non-business graduates all background considered)
- MSc International Management (for non-business graduates all background considered)
- MSc Marketing and Management (for non-business graduates all background considered)
The Academic Entry Criteria remains the same. The standard English Language Requirement is IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 minimum in each component. However, for students who obtained IELTS 6.5 overall with 5.5 minimum in some subtests, the Business School will consider them for direct entry but with a compulsory In-sessional English course free-of-charge runs alongside their academic modules.
Changes to English Language requirements for Loughborough University – Indian students
For Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught applicants from India who have the following 12th Standard English scores will NOT be required to take an IELTS test:
- 75% from CBSE and ICSE students
- 75% from West Bengal state boards
- 80% for all other state board students
This is dependent on the students taking the 12th standard qualification within the past 10 years prior to joining the University.
Current applicants from India who have a conditional offer based solely on taking an IELTS test will be assessed to see if their English scores at Grade 12 are in line with the above requirements. Those that have the relevant score will now be given an Unconditional Offer.