Robert Gordon University Application
CLICK HERE for Online Application Form
Undergraduate Application – RGU Apllication Form 2014 (UG)
CLICK HERE for Postgraduate Application Details (Online Application)
English Language Requirements
In line with the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) regulations introduced in April 2011, full time International students studying at Robert Gordon University must meet English language entry criteria.
Secure English Language Testing (SELT)
- Undergraduate International Students
IELTS Academic Test – 6.0 (with a minimum score of 5.5 in each component)
- Postgraduate Research Students
IELTS Academic Test 6.5 overall (with a minimum score of 6.5 in each component)
- Postgraduate Taught Students
IELTS Academic Test 6.5 overall* (with a minimum score of 5.5 in each component)
Please note the above individual component scores, are UKVI immigration mandatory requirements.
*Some courses may list different requirements. The requirements listed under Entry Requirements on each individual course page are the minimum that RGU will accept for that particular course.
Summer Pre-sessional English Programme (PSP)
The Summer PSP is for students who have met all academic requirements at Robert Gordon University but have not yet reached the required level in English.
The course is also designed for students who have unconditional offers, but would like to improve their language competency and gain an insight into studying at a UK university before beginning their degree programme.
At the end of the course students will not be required to sit another IELTS, TOEFL or PEARSON test.
Performance in the Pre-Sessional Programme (class work and final assessments) will determine whether or not the students are ready to commence their academic course.
Please note there is no automatic right to progression and students will be continuously assessed throughout the programme. Whilst there is a likelihood of success which cannot guarantee all students will pass the programme.
- Induction date: Friday 18 July
- Course start date: Monday 21 July – Friday 12 September (8 weeks)
- Eligibility: IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.0 in all elements/TOEFL iBT70 with a minimum of 16 in writing/PEARSON 46 with a minimum of 46 in all elements.
- Pharmacy applicants: IELTS 6.5 is required for entry to the Undergraduate Pharmacy course, therefore you should apply to the Postgraduate PSP course 1 or 2. Further details can be found in the English Language Pre-Sessional Programme booklet.
1) Postgraduate Course 1
- Induction date: Friday 20 June
- Course start date: Monday 23 June – Friday 12 September (12 weeks)
- Eligibility: IELTS 5.5 with minimum of 5.0 in all other elements/TOEFL iBT70 with a minimum of 16 in writing, 15 in listening, 14 in reading and 19 in speaking/PEARSON 46 with a minimum of 46 in all elements.
2) Postgraduate Course 2
- Induction date: Friday 1 August
- Course start date: Monday 4 August – Friday 12 September (6 weeks)
- Eligibility: IELTS 6.0 with minimum of 5.5 in writing and 5.0 in all other elements/TOEFL iBT80 with a minimum of 20 in writing, 15 in listening, 14 in reading and 19 in speaking/PEARSON 54 with a minimum of 47 in writing and 46 in all other elements
Robert Gordon University: International Scholarships available for January 2018 intake
Robert Gordon University offers scholarships to full-time, on-campus International students.
These scholarships are available on a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The maximum total amount of scholarships available to an individual student will be £3,000 for students from an approved Partner Institution and £2,500 for direct entry students.
View a full list of our undergraduate and postgraduate January 2018 scholarships HERE.
Accommodation is available for all PSP courses. Robert Gordon University offers on-campus accommodation during Pre-Sessional study at Garthdee Flats – Round Tower (standard) and Crathie Student Village (en-suite).
All Dorms are Mixed (Male and Female sharing) unless otherwise requested.