About Swansea University
Five reasons (of many) to accept Swansea University…
- Accommodation Guaranteed – if students accept the offer as first/firm choice and apply for accommodation by 30th June. The Accommodation booking system will open in February 2016 so students can register for preferred choices early, take a look at accommodation online.
- Scholarships and Bursaries – Swansea University guarantees Excellence Scholarships worth £3,000 to students who achieve AAA at A-level (or equivalent) and Merit Scholarships, worth £2,000, to students who achieve AAB at A-level (or equivalent) and also offer a suite of Income Related Bursaries to students with an annual household income of less than £30,000.
- Excellent Student Experience – UK top 10 for overall student satisfaction with 91% of final year students are satisfied with their course. Swansea can make University experience one that students never forget. Swansea is a vibrant student city and both campuses are situated on the three-mile beach of Swansea Bay. From a thriving cultural and sporting scene to an awesome night life, stunning coastal scenery to tranquil parks, and great shopping to the best of city living, Swansea is the ideal place to build your future.
- Employability – Future career prospects look excellent with 93% of Swansea’s graduates in employment and/or further study within six months of graduating (HESA data 2011/12) and is in the top 15 in the UK for graduate employment. Take a look at the Swansea Employability Academy which coordinates a range of initiatives to help students maximise their employment potential, including organising work placements and paid internships.
- World Leading Research – Students will be taught by talented researchers who have achieved International Success; research grants worth £65 million were awarded to the University in 2009/10 and 27 out of 31 academic areas have world leading research
Where bright futures begin
When student start university, students are embarking on a great adventure, a life-changing and career enhancing experience. Selecting a course is just one part of choosing the place where student will live, study, and call home for the next year and beyond.
Swansea has it all: low cost living, vibrant student community, thriving cultural and sporting scene, plus, the city is well connected to the rest of the UK: only 3 hours from London by train as well as many other UK cities and tourist attractions.
Studying at a world leading research-led university means that student will benefit from the knowledge and skills of internationally renowned academics at the top of their game. Being awarded a 5 Star rating for teaching quality from the QS Stars global university ratings system means that student will receive a modern approach to learning, backed by cutting edge facilities and excellent research and teaching faculty.
The wide range of courses gives student the flexibility to take subjects that interest student the most, which means student can take control of they studies.
Great Minds Don’t Think Alike
Swansea University has an excellent employability record – 93% of Swansea graduates are in full-time employment or further study within six months of graduating (HESA 2011/2012). Swansea University have long history of working with business and industry, including Boeing, Ericsson, IBM, Rolls-Royce and Sony. Swansea University listen closely to employers when they tell us what skills and experiences they demand of their graduate employees, and tailor Swansea University courses to make sure that student gain the professional and technical skills that will enable student to thrive in today’s increasingly competitive world.
Many of Swansea University courses are accredited by professional bodies or offer project placements with industry, which provides student with the opportunity to apply your knowledge in a practical setting.
Swansea University seaside campus lifestyle fosters a welcoming, cosmopolitan community that offers something for everyone. Swansea University Students’ Union will be at the heart of your student experience from the moment student arrive until the day student graduate, hosting over one hundred societies and sports clubs and arranging social events such as Freshers’ Week and Summer Ball. Swansea University Award Winning Student Services Team is always here to help, whether student have a general enquiry about accommodation, a specific problem about visas, or student just need to talk things through.
Swansea is the UK’s 5th safest city, with a friendly, inexpensive and cosmopolitan living environment. A vibrant student city, Swansea offers a wide range of social, cultural and sporting facilities, including a spectacular waterfront marina, museum complex and Liberty sports stadium, home of the Premiership Swansea City Football club.Perfect for a student lifestyle.
Swansea University continues to excel in QS world subject rankings
The 2014 QS World University Rankings by Subject show that Swansea University has maintained its top global 200 in Engineering (Civil and Structural) and for the first time English Language and Literature. Joining the other subjects of Engineering ( Mechanical), Geography, Law and Legal Studies, Environmental Studies and Linguistics in the top 200 in the last few years, enabling Swansea to move up the league tables further. READ MORE…
Swansea University Law College
Swansea University is a traditional British university, founded in 1920. Winner of the inaugural Times Higher Education Supplement Award for The Best Student Experience. Swansea University has once again made the Times Higher Education Supplement’s top 10 for the UK’s best student experience in 2009. Swansea University is a thriving academic community of some 16,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students reading and researching a broad spectrum of subjects.
The Law School traditionally performs well in the National Student Survey (NSS) conducted annually. For example, in 2008, 2009 and 2012 Surveys the School was ranked first among the Law Schools in Wales.
The University is located on the coast, nestled within beautiful swathes of parkland west of the city centre and within easy reach of the picturesque fishing village of Mumbles.For instance, The Potter Guide to Higher Education describes Swansea as:
‘…a strongly campus-based lifestyle; a stylish campus, near sea, or city, or mountains; generous accommodation either on campus or in a student community close by; a wealth of cultural activity on campus; lots of high-quality sports provision – and a sound academic reputation! An impossible dream? Well, without going too far over the top, we have to say Swansea has it all…’
The School of Law is a dynamic law School and hosts six specialist research centres: the Institute of International Shipping and Trade Law (IISTL), Richard Price Centre, Hywel Dda Institute, the Centre for Environmental and Energy Law and Policy, the Centre for Criminal Justice and Criminology and the Wales Observatory on Human Rights of Children and Young People. Within these centres, world-leading academic research is undertaken by academics with international reputation. The School of Law has recorded another stellar performance in the official National Student Survey (NSS), published in September 2012.
Swansea Law School came 17th out of 96 law Schools in the UK, and achieved the highest student satisfaction levels in Wales overall. The School of Law also achieved a ranking in the top 151-200 of the very best law Schools in the world, according to the 2012 QS World University Rankings for Law.