About University of East London
About University of East London
Graduates with three or more years of managerial, entrepreneurial or professional experience, searching for the next destination in their career, should look to MBA to help take them there.
Whether they are looking to move up in their existing industry or branch out into a new one, they will benefit from a thorough grounding in management fundamentals.
Students will get exposure to cutting edge research and best practice, and they will hone their team-working, leadership and consulting skills.
They will study at a Business School with over 20 years’ experience in the MBA field, and with brand new facilities and innovative teaching methods.
Students will experience diversity at first hand, in MBA average class typically composed by more than 15 different nationalities, in one of the world’s most diverse cities.
The MBA is a dynamic programme designed to provide participants with a global view of business. In today’s fast changing environment, the Royal Docks Business School seeks to equip students with the edge they need to get ahead in the business world, through a programme that promotes strong business foundations, as well as creativity and entrepreneurship.
The MBA consists of six 30-credit modules. Core modules include:
- Global Business Analysis
- Managing Marketing and Operations
- Global Management of People and Projects
- Consultancy and Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Strategic Management
Five options are available for the last 30-credits. They include:
- Changes in the Business Context (for generic MBA)
- International Business
- Health Care Organisations
- Management Report: Work based Learning
Non-credit activities enrich the learning experience. Examples include: field trips, guest speakers, internships and social projects. Modules are offered in University Square Stratford, a purpose built, state of the art MBA centre composed by an MBA suite and teaching facilities with easy connections to the centre of London and Canary Wharf.
iPad teaching and learning characterises the programme. In fact, full-time students receive a free iPad, preloaded with learning materials and apps.
Start dates & duration
The MBA starts in September and February and lasts 12 months full-time. Click here for more information on the MBA.
Studying a Postgraduate programme is an investment in your future and to help we have introduced a new international regional scholarships worth up to £3,000 for students applying from India.
Good News Stories: Royal Docks Business School
The Royal Docks Business School gives students the chance to learn from the best academic minds and industry experts, in an environment that encourages you to think beyond the boundaries of traditional disciplines. The result is highly practical academic qualifications that prepare students for the cut and thrust of the modern business environment and enable them to hit the ground running.
- 80% of UEL’s MSc Financial Management and MSc Finance and Risk students obtained a distinction last semester. Tuan Anh, one of our MSc Finance and Risk students said “I work for Deposit Insurance of Vietnam (DIV), a state run organization taking charge of maintaining the safe and sound development of Vietnamese financial and banking system. I am responsible for supervising 2 commercial banks, and advising the director on financial issues and deposit insurance activities. At the same time, I work within DIV’s research team, participating in some research projects on banking industries.” Karina, an MSc Financial Management is now “working as a PBA – Personal Banking Advisor – for Nordea, the largest financial services group in Northern Europe.”
- New recruits for the Royal Docks Business School Elite team were selected last September: 40 students are receiving training and special access to networks to improve their confidence, communications, and career opportunities.
- London Scholars programme to be launched this year: This is a social enterprise programme focussing on projects within the local community, built to foster communication, cultural awareness and enterprise skills.
- The Canary Wharf programme. With strong links to the cities financial district we have partnered with the top businesses in Canary Wharf to create this programme. By working with the Canary Wharf Group, students get the chance to learn from professionals, taking a critical look as to how London’s financial markets operate and giving them a real insight into finance in the 21st century.
For more information on the Royal Docks Business School see www.royaldocksbusiness.com
University of East London International Foundation Programme and Pre-Masters
From January 2014 UEL will be offering an International Foundation Programme (IFP), and from May 2014 a Pre-masters programme*. These intensive 16 hours per week programmes will allow students to reach the academic and English language entry requirements of the University.
|Start date||Entry point for
|February||September||Slow track||4.5 in all areas||£6,500|
|May||September||Fast track||5.5 in all areas||£4,000|
|Start date||Entry point for main programme||IELTS requirement||Cost|
|May||September||6.0 in all areas||£4,000|
|September||February||6.0 in all areas||£4,000|
Students will receive UEL’s 15% alumni discount from the first year fees of their main programme. Also have a scholarships for the International Foundation Programme.