About University of Westminster
About University of Westminster, UK
The University of Westminster is a diverse and dynamic international education institution situated in London with three of its campuses in central London, one of the world’s great cities.
Westminster offers a vibrant learning environment where innovative, creative and dedicated students can gain the skills and experience they need to succeed in professional life. Since its launch in 1838 as Britain’s first polytechnic institution, it has led the way in many areas of education and research, and continues to do so today.
The University attracts more than 22,000 students with more than 5000 international students from 155 different nations, making it one of the most popular UK universities for international students.
A wide range of Westminster’s courses have received excellent QAA ratings, and the University’s research leads the way in many areas including art and design, electronic engineering, law, and media and communication. It has also been recognised by the HEFCE as a Centre for Excellence in professional learning from the workplace.
The University continues to invest in improving the learning environment for students and has refurbished all of its campuses in the last three years, including a £40m investment in the Marylebone Campus. Our Regent Street Campus houses the UK’s earliest public cinema, the venue for the Lumiere brothers first public moving picture show in the country in 1896.
Looking forward, the University aims to embed internationalisation, employability and green-thinking into all areas of its work, and to build a cutting-edge, innovative and creative research culture which is known for making a difference.
10 reasons to choose Westminster:
- A high quality degree: Many of the courses have received excellent quality ratings with more than 900 teaching staff supported by 900 visiting subject specialists, delivering high-quality learning and research.
- Wide range of courses: More than 300 programmes like Architecture, Arts, Business and Management, Biotechnology, Computer Science, HRM, Electronics Engineering , Fashion Design, International Finance, Law, Life Sciences, Marketing Communications, Media and Communications and many more.
- International students: A complete global exposure with students from more than 155 different countries.
- Scholarships: One of the largest scholarships schemes of any UK university Up to 100% scholarships are available for meritorious students
- International student support: A strong, friendly and experienced team to help and support.
- Location: 3 campuses in Central London and 1 campus in Harrow.
- Excellent facilities: Libraries, Labs, On-campus accommodation, Cafeteria, etc on campus.
- Employment and career services: Career Development Centre has strong links with business and professionals across London, throughout the UK and around the world.
- Safe and secure campuses: All campuses well equipped with CCTV’s & Access Control systems.
- Local presence in India: A team based out of New Delhi to assist students with their queries related to the university, courses, fee, scholarships, accommodation, visas etc.
Intakes: September and January each year. Please not that only selective few PG courses are on offer in the January intake.
How to apply
University of Westminster accepts online application only.
To apply for a UG course, please visit : www.ucas.ac.uk .
For PG, please visit: www.ukpass.ac.uk.
Brochures can be downloaded from:
Westminster boasts a wide network of highly successful international alumni who have taken their skills and experience on to a global platform in countries all over the world. In India, our alumni are working with various top notch companies like, Barclay’s Capital, Bennett Coleman ,BBC, BNP Paribas, Centrum Capital, Vogue India, CNN-IBN, HCL, Hindustan Times, INX news, NDTV, RBS and Sapient Nitro, Forbes India, SAP to name a few. Here’s is what our alumni have to say about their time at the University of Westminster:
Karan Desai, MA International Business & Management (2005-06), Vice President – Investment Banking Group, Centrum Capital Ltd, says: My experience was great as the course and university helped me connect to classmates from across the world, thereby allowing me to form a network of friends and some business associates for life. The University staff are highly experienced and also very helpful and this played an important role in allowing me to absorb the course content optimally and finish the degree with honours. I would recommend a degree at the University of Westminster to any student who wishes to broaden his/her horizons, study at a world class facility and build a network of long term friends and professional associates.
University of Westminster has one of the biggest scholarship programmes in UK. University of Westminster offer various scholarships, both full and partial to meritorious candidates. The scholarship deadline is 31st May. University of Westminster encourage students to send us application of Scholarship before this date.
Students can apply for a scholarship at the University of Westminster if Students have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place.
All scholarships are only awarded before you start your course.
Scholarships are awarded on one or more of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Financial need
- Development potential (for international students)
As different scholarships use different criteria, please check that the appropriate criteria for the scholarship students are applying for. Scholarships usually pay for all or part of the tuition fee, and some limited ones include other costs such as accommodation, flights and living expenses.
5 Things required for Scholarship application:
- Scholarship application form
- Conditional or Unconditional Offer letter.
- Academic documents.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of recommendation – 2
Kindly Click here for more information and list of Scholarships.
University has accommodation options available for students in London and Harrow. University of Westminster encourage students to apply as early as possible due to limited number of units. University of Westminster have various Halls of Residences, Private rented accommodation etc for students.
For more information about accommodation, click here.