About Berkeley College
Berkeley College—an excellent choice in today’s global economy
- Thousands of international students have chosen Berkeley College to prepare for career success. The most popular reasons include:
- The opportunity to study in the heart of the New York metro area
- Supportive international community atmosphere with students from nearly 100 countries
- Career-focused programs regularly updated to meet professional market demands
- Excellent instructors with professional experience in the subjects they teach
- The convenience of studying on-site, online, or both
- Special assistance for international students with applying for admission and scholarships, and help adjusting to life in the U.S.
- Free lifetime career assistance for graduates
Accreditations of the highest standards
Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Berkeley College is authorized by the Secretary of Higher Education of the State of New Jersey to offer programs in New Jersey leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.).
Berkeley College is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to offer programs in New York leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.).
Berkeley College is certified to enroll foreign students under the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
Berkeley College Online® has been awarded USDLA/Quality Standards certification by the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA).
Valuable experience through internships
Providing students with work experience is one of Berkeley’s greatest advantages. To help students achieve their career goals, every degree program requires an internship or job-related assignment. Berkeley will help students obtain their internships.
Graduation from secondary school or its equivalent and proof of English proficiency are required for admission to Berkeley College. SATs are not required, but are recommended.
Application Fee: Non Refundable US$ 50
English language proficiency can be demonstrated by the following methods:
Completion of a recognized ESL School’s program. We accept: ELS – Level 112; Embassy CES – Advanced Level; Rennert Bilingual – Level 6; and Kaplan – High Intermediate Level.
For a complete list of approved ESL schools, please contact the International Department.
English Tests Accepted:
- TOEFL – score of 500 PBT, 61 IBT
- IELTS – score of 5.5 or higher
- Pearson’s A – score of 43 or higher
- Berkeley College’s Language Test
International scholarships are available to students who qualify. Scholarship applications must be received with admissions applications.
To fill out a scholarship application, go to: BerkeleyCollege.edu/files_bc/Scholarship_International.pdf
- New York City: A variety of off-site housing options are available. A housing list may be obtained through the International Department upon request.
- White Plains, New York: Berkeley’s location in White Plains has multiple housing options just a short walk from campus. Studios with kitchenettes and one- or two-bedroom apartments with full kitchens and living rooms are available. Each apartment is furnished, air-conditioned, and wired for voice, data, and cable television. The fee is $3,000 per quarter, $9,000 per academic year (three quarters). Students are responsible for preparing their food.