About Concordia University, St. Paul
About Concordia University, St. Paul
Concordia University, St. Paul is a comprehensive Christian liberal arts university, one of 10 operated under the auspices of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Since our founding in 1893, Concordia University has been preparing students for successful careers and meaningful lives by providing an educational experience that is responsive, relevant and real. Our focus on student success creates a caring, supportive and energetic environment that makes Concordia University a place that stands out for its warmth, character and academic strength. Backgrounds, cultural heritage and ages of students may vary widely, yet all have found a welcoming, accepting place to grow academically, spiritually and interpersonally.
At Concordia University, students are part of a close-knit, caring community that encourages students to explore they interests and abilities and to achieve goals. Concordia University students learn together in a supportive and collaborative setting in both the traditional or cohort-based learning environment.
Whatever their classroom setting, students learn to care about one another and often form friendships that last a lifetime. Our 42 acre campus is conveniently located in Minnesota’s capitol city of St. Paul, is less than 10 minutes from either downtown St. Paul or Minneapolis and within easy reach of all that the metropolitan area offers.
II) Notable programs and outstanding opportunities
Academic programs at Concordia University, St. Paul are organized into three colleges. Degree programs are offered at the traditional undergraduate, adult undergraduate and graduate levels for each college.
|College of Business &Organizational Leadership||College of Arts & Letters||College of Education & Science|
|The College of Business &Organizational Leadershipoffers programs that preparegraduates for today’scompetitive businessenvironment. Programs
|The College of Arts and Lettersencompasses the academicprograms commonly known as”humanities”. Academicdepartments in the College ofArts and Sciences include:
|The College of Education &Science is organized into sevenacademic departments:|
|Students gain global and technological expertise that is built upon a strong ethical foundation. All programs arepractitioner-oriented and buildupon student experiences.||Graduates from the College of Arts & Letters are well prepared to take on their career objectives after graduation. Many alumni go on to fill positions in Fortune 500 companies, as well as smallbusinesses and non-profit organizations.||The mission of the College of Education & Science is to prepare professionals for lifelong learning and service inteaching, research andleadership.A Lutheran-based,liberal arts learning environment readies professionals for success in a diverse and global community. A coordinated set of courses and field experiences provides graduates with opportunities to build and demonstrate their skills.|
Concordia University, St. Paul is conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis. Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota are the most populous urban locations in Minnesota. The cities were built around either side of the famous Mississippi river. Minneapolis sits to the west of Concordia University, while the capital city, St. Paul sits to the east. Concordia University’s central location makes transportation within the area easy.
By The Numbers
- 104 – International students between our undergraduate and graduate degrees
- 15:1 – Student-faculty ratio
- 80% – Tenured and tenure track faculty with terminal degrees
- 44.9%– Students graduating with honors in 2013
- 41– Liberal arts majors offered
- $21.2– Million Scholarships and grants awarded to CSP students in 2012-13
- 1– Sculpture titled “Crowned Column” by renowned sculptor Paul Granlund
- 8,135– Hours given by students last year to service-learning and volunteering
- 545– Students participating in service-learning projects in 2012-13
- 15– NCAA Division II sports for men & women
- 30– NSIC conference regular season and tournament championships
- 7– NCAA Division II National Championships
- 500– Free printouts/copies students get each semester
- 121– Years Concordia has been operated under the auspices of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- 18– Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the Twin Cities.