Saint Peter’s University Application
Application Requirements for First Year Students
Step 1: Complete and submit ONE of these admission applications:
Common Application OR SAINT PETERS UNIVERSITY-International Student Application 2016-2017
All applications may be scanned, emailed, faxed or mailed back to the Office of Admission.
Step 2: Send the following documents to the Office of Admission
- Academic credentials with English translation. Transcripts must be sent directly from your secondary school, university or an Education USA advisor. If you are using the Common Application for submission, items should be uploaded to the Common Application but may be scanned, faxed or mailed if they are coming directly from your secondary school, university or an Education USA advisor. Students may be required to submit credentials to a NACES approved agency, such as WES, ECE or EP, for evaluation.
- Transfer students must provide official transcripts from all previously attended universities in addition to proof of secondary school completion. Students may be required to submit credentials to a NACES approved agency, such as WES, ECE or EP, for evaluation. Evaluations must be sent directly from the NACES evaluation provider.
- Proof of English proficiency (scores must be sent directly from testing agency.)
- TOEFL 79 IBT, 550 PBT or IELTS 6.5 overall
- TOEFL may be waived per Dean of International Enrolment. In lieu of a TOEFL or IELTS score, students may use SAT or ACT test scores to satisfy the English Language Requirement (SAT CR: 450 minimum or ACT English & Writing with a minimum score of 19 in each section).
- Completion of ELS Language Center course with a score of 112 or higher, or completion of Kaplan Advanced Level.
- SAINT PETERS UNIVERSITY-International Statement of Financial Support 2016-2017 including proof of funding.This form may be scanned, faxed or mailed back to the Office of Admission with proof of funding.
- Short essay or personal statement (included in the application but may be sent separately).
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, school official, coach or community service coordinator. Recommendations should come directly from the recommender and may be scanned, faxed or mailed back to the Office of Admission. A SKYPE or in person interview may be used in lieu of a recommendation letter.
- Copy of valid passport page. Include a copy of your visa if you are currently on a valid visa in the United States of America.
Advance credits may be given to AP, IB and A level results.
- Saint Peter’s University does not need original documents with the application. All documents should be submitted online or via email.
- It accepts scanned score reports of IELTS or TOEFL.
- Recommendation letters can be submitted online or via email.
- All other documents can be uploaded online for graduate students or sent to university in one or two pdf files for undergraduate students.