State University of New York (SUNY) Alfred State College
State University of New York (SUNY) Alfred State College – Application Instructions
1. Complete this application form in full and submit it to the address listed on the front cover of this form.
2. Submit evidence of financial support, including:
• The International Student Financial Statement/Form FSA-4; and
• An official bank statement (copies are not acceptable) on bank letterhead. The bank statement must indicate
that the applicant or sponsor has sufficient funds to pay for the first year of study in the United States. Please
refer to www.alfredstate.edu/financial-aid/tuition/international-student-tuition-and-costs.
3. Submit the appropriate academic records from all secondary and post-secondary institutions you have attended,
• Official transcripts
• Matriculation certificates
• Mark sheets and/or diplomas
Academic records must be official. A photocopy or a fax of a record without a fresh ink signature is not considered
official. If the transcripts are not in English, have them translated into English and notarized/certified.
4. Submit official TOEFL or IELTS score report from the testing center (Alfred State’s TOEFL school code is 2522).
5. Submit official SAT or ACT scores if you would like them considered for scholarships, and for those interested
in intercollegiate athletics. Note: When multiple SAT score reports are submitted, the highest composite score
(critical reading and math) is used.
6. Submit at least one academic letter of reference written in English, including a valid email address for the author.
7. Submit a color copy of your valid passport.
8. Submit a $50 USD non-refundable application fee in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. Pay to the
order of Alfred State. Applicants may also wire money utilizing Flywire by visiting www.flywire.com/alfredstate.
Your application will not be processed until payment is received.
Note: Alfred State operates on a rolling admissions deadline. However, the recommended deadline date for an
August start is May 15; the recommended deadline date for a January start is Oct. 15. Once your completed
application is received, it will be reviewed and a decision notification will be sent via email from HollanMR@
? Complete application form
? Complete International Student Financial Statement/FSA-4
? An official bank statement
? The official transcripts, matriculation certificates, and diplomas/mark sheets from all secondary schools attended
? If applicable, the official transcripts, matriculation certificates, and diplomas/mark sheets from all post-secondary
? Official TOEFL or IELTS score report
? Official SAT or ACT scores if applicable. See number five above for requirements.
? Letter of academic reference
? Copy of your passport
? $50 USD non-refundable application fee in the form of a money order, cashier’s check, or wire transfer via