University of California San Diego Extension Application
Sent: 13 July 2016 11:51 PM
Subject: UC San Diego Dates and Prices for 2017
Greetings from San Diego! Thank you for promoting our programs. I am pleased to enclose the most up-to-date UC San Diego Extension International Programs Dates and Prices document for 2017. We look forward to another year of working with you to help students and professionals reach their professional and educational goals.
Please make note of the following new programs that will be offered in 2017:
- The Academic Year Program provides a nine-month study abroad opportunity for academically excellent students and professionals interested in exploring one of three different subject tracks offered by the UC San Diego Division of Social Sciences and the Division of Arts and Humanities. These subject tracks are:
- U.S. History, Culture, and Thought
- Law and Society
- Modern Society and Urban Development
Enrollment in required courses in each Academic Year Program subject track is guaranteed.
- Teaching English to the Young Learner (TEYL) is now offered as its own certificate program for students who would like to specialize in teaching English as a foreign language to K-12 students.
- The TEFL Professional Certificate—Hybrid offers students a new way of completing the TEFL Professional Certificate program. Students can now complete 12 units of the 27-unit TEFL Professional Certificate online from their own country, then finish the final 15 units at UC San Diego.
Dates and prices for some programs have changed from previous years. Programs with date changes include:
- Legal English is now offered in winter, spring, and fall. It will not be offered in summer in 2017.
- University Preparation Academy (UPA) is now offered in winter, spring, and fall. It will also not be offered in summer in 2017.
- The TEFL Professional Certificate– Intensive (3-month) will now be offered in winter and summer. It was formerly known as the Summer Intensive TEFL Professional Certificate.
Programs with price changes include:
- Legal English
- University Preparation Academy
- Intensive Pre-University
- Academic Connections International
Other price changes include:
- The Medical insurance price for 10-week ESL, UPS, and certificate programs (1 Quarter), which is now $585 USD
- Near-campus accommodation prices, which have increased slightly for 4, 8, 11, and 26 weeks (please check page 28 of the brochure)
Please also note the following important procedure changes for 2017:
- The Tuberculosis (TB) Form is no longer required for English language programs, except for Intensive Pre-University, which includes 1-2 university credit classes. The TB Form is still required for all university credit and certificate programs.
- UC San Diego Extension medical insurance is required for all students. Students with sponsors who provide medical insurance which meets our minimum requirements can request a Medical Insurance Waiver form from email@example.com.
We hope to have the 2017 International Programs (IP) brochure and IP application available for you and uploaded to the website by July 22, 2016.
Download : uc-san-diego-dates-and-prices2017
CLICK HERE for detailed information on English Language Programs, University Credit Programs, Certificate Programs, UC San Diego Campus, Program Dates and Tuition, English Language Requirements, Work Experience: Optional Practical Training (OPT), Admission Requirements, Business Certificate Programs, Student Visas, Refund Policies, Accommodation, etc.
NOTE: Students do not need to extend their visa after arriving in the U.S. In fact, the visa may even expire during their stay in the U.S. and does not affect their legal status. It is only the I-20 that must always be valid, and for each new I-20 that the University issues, a new bank statement is required.
U.S. Immigration regulations require students to obtain a new I-20 when changing their educational level of study, such as when completing an English language program and beginning a university-credit program (UPS) or professional certificate program (TEFL or Business). Before the University can issue the new I-20, they must receive an updated bank statement dated within 90 days of the new program start date, showing sufficient funds for the new program.
Please feel free to Contact Us for any further queries.