About University of North Texas
About University of North Texas
The University of North Texas (UNT) is a public research university located in Denton, Texas, a safe community just outside of Dallas/Fort Worth, the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States. UNT is one of Texas’ largest universities, offering 98 bachelor’s, 82 master’s and 36 doctoral degree programs in business, engineering, journalism, education, arts and sciences, information, merchandising and hospitality management, music, public affairs and community service, and visual arts and design. Conditional admission to UNT is available upon graduation from UNT’s Intensive English Language Institute (IELI).
- Largest university in North Texas
- Over 36,000 students
- Over 3,000 international students
- Top 4% of U.S. universities by the Carnegie Foundation
- Named a “Best in the West” college by the Princeton Review for 6 consecutive years
- Named a “Green College” by the Princeton Review for 4 consecutive years
- One of America’s “100 Best College Buys” by the Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc.
- Named “Most Affordable Public University” by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Ranked #1 in Texas by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Ranked #1 Environmental Philosophy Program by the International Association of Environmental Philosophy
- Ranked #5 Logistics Research Program in the world by the International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management
- Ranked #8 City Management and Urban Policy by the U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked Top-20 “Best Tourism Degree Programs” by TheBestSchools.org
- Ranked Top-20 Rehabilitation Counseling Program by the U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked Top-25 Supply chain programs in North American by Gartner Research
- Ranked Top-25 Library & Information Science program by the U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked “Best Undergraduate Business Programs” by the U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked “Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs” by the U.S. News & World Report
- The “ Best Small Town in America” by Rand McNally, USA TODAY, 2012
- The “Best College Town 2014” by The Official Best of
- Only 35 minutes to Dallas, Fort Worth, and DFW International Airport
- On campus dormitory housing with U.S. roommates available
- Inexpensive, nearby apartments available
The Computer Science and Engineering Department provides you a high-quality education by balancing the theoretical and experimental aspects of hardware and software issues. In addition to instructional facilities, the department supports numerous centers and research laboratories that offer virtually unlimited possibilities for study and research.
Admission requirements to the Computer Science and Engineering Department can be found online.
- Verbal: 151-49%
- Quantitative: 156-65%
- Analytical: 4.0
The College of Business (CoB) at UNT is proud to offer 10 MBA programs. Specifically the Logistics and Supply Chain Management program continues a long-term commitment to excellence in graduate education with faculty recruited from nationally and internationally recognized universities, which represents a wide range of teaching and research expertise.
A complete checklist for international students applying to a Graduate Business program can be found online. Admitted students’ average GMAT scores vary by semester from 520 to 550. All applications received by the College of Business will be considered, but acceptance into a degree program is a competitive process. Two candidates with the same GMAT score may have different within admission outcomes because of their past academic record, work experience, etc.
UNT offers several grants and scholarships to admitted international students. Scholarship deadlines vary, although most are March 1st for awards released during the following academic year. If a student receives a UNT competitive scholarship of at least $1000 from UNT, then tuition is reduced to in-state prices.
UNT is also home to over 300 student organizations, including the India Students Association. The India Students Association (ISA) is an organization of a student centered community, open to all individuals who share an interest in the Indian subcontinent.