UK Home Office “Credibility Interviews” For Tier 4 Student Visas
Listed below are some examples of types of questions that students may be asked both in the New “Credibility Interviews” as part of the student visa application process, and on entry to the UK.
Sample of possible questions for screening intention to study:
- Why do you want to study in UK?
- What are the benefits of studying in the UK compared to your home country or USA/Canada/Australia etc.?
- Why did you choose this University/College?
- How did you find about it?
- Which other colleges/universities have you considered?
- Where is the college/university?
- Do you know anyone who has already studied there?
- Do you know roughly how large the college/university is?
- Why did you choose this course and how does it relate to your previous study?
- How do you explain the gaps in your study/professional history?
- What is the relevance of the course to your future career path?
- What qualification will you receive?
- How long does the course last?
- How is your course assessed? (apparently frequently asked and students do not know)
- Do you know what level you course is at?
- Did you consider any other course?
- Does this course offer any professional recognition?
- Are you planning to stay in the UK on completion to study for a higher award?
- Are you thinking of transferring to another institution on completion?
- What facilities are you expecting at the college/university?
- Will you need help finding accommodation?
- Do you need a meet and greet service?
- Do you understand the responsibilities of students entering the UK under Tier 4 of the PBS?
Sample of possible questions for screening financial viability:
- What is your current occupation?
- Do you have relatives who have studied at similar level or studied overseas?
- Do you think your course is appropriate for someone your age?
- Who is financing your studies?
- What is the profession of your financial sponsor and what relationship they have to you?
- Do you have evidence of the financial status of your financial sponsor, e.g. bank statements for last 6 months, bonds, investments, etc.?
- Are you able to verify the genuineness of these documents?
- Can you prove the money is available for study?
- Would you be able to pay your tuition fees in full up front?
- Have you checked the refund policy?
- Do you know what your accommodation will cost in the UK?
- Do you know how much your living expenses will be?
- Do you know whether you are entitled to work part-time in the UK?
- Do you know how many hours are you allowed to work?
- Do you know the likely hourly rate of pay?
- How reliant are you on being able to work?
Credibility Interviews are conducted via Skype or video conferencing.