Visa Counseling - Canada Visa Requirements
Canada Visa Requirements
International students are required to obtain a Study Permit before going to Canada. The student can apply for Study permit under the Student Partners Program (SPP) of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges and the Canadian Immigration Programs in New Delhi and Chandigarh. To qualify for Study Permit Application under SPP the student should hold an unconditional offer letter from one of the universities / colleges that are included under this scheme. SPP is currently open to Indian nationals only. Allow atleast two months for your Visa to be processed.
Documents Checklist for SPP (STUDENT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM):
1) SPP Checklist – Attach THIS checklist as a cover sheet to your application.
2) Application form fully completed (all questions answered), dated and signed, indicating your personal mailing address, reliable phone contact, and your personal email address (if you agree to e-mail communications).
3) Original, valid passport for yourself, as well as a photocopy of the bio data page
4) Family Information Form and Student Questionnaire (leaving no gaps).
5) Two passport photographs with a white background for yourself and each family member requesting a visa. The photographs should have your name printed on the back, dated and taken in the past 6 months.
6) Letter of Acceptance from your SPP educational institute in Canada stating unconditional admission, course title, duration of study, level of study, start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and latest possible date of admission.
7) Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) (if applicable)
8) IELTS test results taken within last 24 months with overall band not less than 6.0, with no individual band lower than 5.5.
9) Photocopy of the most recent diploma/leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets (for entire program; consolidated mark sheets are NOT acceptable)
10) Copy of receipts for tuition payment provided by the SPP institution.
11) Proof of funds: You MUST demonstrate the purchase of a special (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the amount of $10,000 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada. Please consult page 2 for information on how to obtain a GIC. Official GIC document is mandatory.
12) Copy of medical examination form IMM1017 if you opted to undergo a medical examination before submitting your application.
- It is mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to submission of your application. Medical results are valid for one year
- Only one application per person per semester will be processed under the SPP (Student Partnership Program). Subsequent applications for the same semester following a refusal will NOT form part of SPP processing
- To file Study Permit application under SPP, it is mandatory to show a GIC certificate obtained from Scotia Bank proving that funds to the extent of CAD$ 10000 are available as living costs for the student.
- After reviewing your application, the Visa officer will decide if an interview is necessary. The Visa interview will be taken at CHC, New Delhi
Please feel free to Contact Us for any further queries related to Study Permit Application